Fuze is seeking well qualified applicants to join the of a fast growing, enterprise business-focused Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) provider in the Boston, MA area. Our cloud-based ThinkingSuite platform provides hosted enterprise communications, including voice, video, mobility, presence, collaboration, and messaging.
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide operational support in order to ensure the proper operation of the Fuze cloud platform, in terms of availability, performance and security. You will have the opportunity to apply your systems administration, network management, and software operations skills in a hands-on fashion while providing Tier-1 and Tier-2 support of the platform. In addition to the use of provided monitoring, provisioning and support tools, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the continual development and improvement of tools, processes and procedures associated with platform operations. As an integral part of the infrastructure support team, you will learn what it is necessary to successfully operate a cloud service platform that supports 1000's of enterprise customers, while at the same time honing your technical skills across a wide variety of disciplines.
This is your opportunity to join an exciting business that is poised for significant growth. You will work closely with technical and management teams, who has a proven track record of building successful companies in the IaaS, SaaS and enterprise software spaces.
- Platform monitoring and responding to monitoring alerts and escalations
- Document day-to-day activities in our ticketing system.
- Document designs and procedures in our wiki in a clear and concise manner.
- Troubleshooting issues on Linux-based architectures
- Candidate must be 100% professional, and be able to patiently and effectively communicate complex concepts to audiences with varying skill levels, in person, on the phone, and via email.
- Strong written and communications skills with a demonstrated comfort level authoring non-trivial documents with both text and graphical elements and using these documents to keep different types of constituents informed about what is going on.
- Excellent analytic and troubleshooting skills for problems that span multiple domains (applications, network, system, hardware).
- The position requires an organized, highly motivated individual that has excellent project and task management skills.
- The candidate must be a self-starter and thought-leader for the Infrastructure department and is expected to bring ideas to the table for consideration.
- Expert-level familiarity with Linux OS (Redhat variants preferred)
- Advanced scripting experience required (e.g. bash, perl, python, ruby)
- Hands on experience with VMware ESX and vCenter tools preferred
- Operational experience with SIP, RTP, and XMPP protocols a big plus.
- Operational experience with Apache, Tomcat, Mysql a plus.
- Experience with monitoring tools (e.g. Nagios, Munin, Smokeping, MRTG)
- Network engineering and troubleshooting skills beyond the Linux platform
The enterprise communications industry is in the midst of a fundamental shift. Traditional lines of demarcation between premise based PBX vendors, carriers, and new software based entrants is blurring. We believe that over the next 5 years a large portion of the existing enterprise PBX and UC market will be delivered via the cloud. Existing carriers and PBX vendors are struggling with delivering enterprise class cloud based solutions, and we believe this very large market opportunity is up for grabs by newer UCaaS entrants with a strong vision and ability to execute. Thinking Phone Networks is currently recognized by industry leading analysts as “visionaries” in the enterprise UCaaS space, and we are very well positioned to take advantage of this market shift.