Technical Solutions Engineer Manager
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 20+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 125,000 restaurants in 2,400 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, AllMenus and MenuPages).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
The Point-Of-Sale (POS) Operations team is tasked with ensuring that all aspects of the LevelUp in-store experience, starting with the point of sale are in place to prepare for a merchant’s mobile application (payment, loyalty, rewards, order ahead and data insights) launch and beyond. This involves communicating with our POS Partners and several internal teams to confirm intended functionality while maintaining support beyond the initial launch. We love attempting the near-impossible every day and our hard work is critical to the success of LevelUp. Are you ready for the challenge?
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Collaborate with team members across departments
- Work with our clients to execute remote installations of our payment integrations to many types of POS systems.
- Maintain our Internal Knowledge Database in order to keep our existing customer support team informed and aware of new procedures.
- Continuously develops new skills to improve testing and automation capabilities for team
- Provide effective, appropriate, and timely written and verbal communication to our merchant partners, during the initial integration period and beyond.
- Follow established procedures and work with the team on how to improve procedural flow.
- Ensure clients have appropriate hardware and software installed to ensure a smooth launch.
- Handle customer and team escalations in a timely manner
- Troubleshoot and provide support with fellow LevelUp colleagues in order to streamline existing POS integration practices and procedures.
- Maintain a healthy relationship after launch to ensure all point of sale needs are met.
- Work with In-store team to ensure lab is up to date with all hardware and software.
- Mentor team and provide weekly feedback meetings
- Proactively bring issues and problems to the attention of the team
You Should Have
- Troubleshooting software and complex systems are second nature
- Interest and ability to configure and install iOS and Android devices and applications
- Curious about how and why things work and the ability and motivation to learn
- Love the challenge of proving people wrong when told, “that’s not possible.”
- Must be highly organized, and possess the ability to run multiple projects simultaneously.
- Skilled at explaining complex situations in simple terms to technical and non-technical personnel
- Strong customer-service/hospitality background.
- Positive attitude that can adapt to a fluid and fast paced work environmentIndependent thinking with good judgement skills and a record of problem solving skills.
- Comfortable working with a team of highly technical individuals.
- Strong listening and communication skills.
- Solid IT background with working knowledge of POS systems (bonus).
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.