Technical Release Manager at Unity Technologies
We are looking for a dynamic new member to join our team of Release Managers. You will be part of the team responsible for managing and coordinating Unity release of the product Unity to over a million developers and billions of end-users. You will be based in Brighton on the UK’s sunny south coast, where we’ll be moving into our bespoke brand new offices in the coming year. We are a global and distributed company, so you will also collaborate with teams across our other U.S. and worldwide studios, and you will have opportunities to travel.
As a Release Manager, you will be helping us to deliver the best possible Unity releases to our growing user base, according to the schedule you will help to define. Release Management at Unity is part of the Release Engineering Group, where we work with R&D with a global mission of improving the way we work to deliver outstanding quality to our users.
If you have software development experience and have managed projects or programmes, you may just be the person we’re looking for.
- Work closely with producers and product managers to plan the schedule and scope of Unity releases.
- Work closely with the development teams and producers to land planned work items successfully.
- Deliver weekly releases to internal QA and to alpha/beta testing groups.
- Help us make the alpha and beta programmes a success by continually monitoring their health, reach and impact.
- Work with repository maintainers to maintain and improve build stability and test coverage.
- Oversee internal communications about the releases, to audiences that range from non-technical to highly technical people, from executives to developers.
- Software development experience, ideally C++ or C#.
- Experience in managing product releases or projects with complex dependencies and multiple contributors.
- Experience delivering product releases or projects on time-based release schedules.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Experience working with geographically diverse teams.
- Ability to adapt to continuously changing situations.
- An open mind and a willingness to question the status-quo.
- An interest in computer games or software for creative applications.
Who We Are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Facebook, Oculus, Autodesk, and Microsoft to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.