Technical Manager at PathAI
At PathAI, we're applying Machine Learning, Computer Vision and AI in amazing ways to pathology, healthcare, and detecting cancer and other diseases. We're applying our work to drug development, the clinical space, and as a global health initiative. Since it's early days for us, there's a lot of work to do and many great products to build. We recognize that a great, polished, and engaging experience is critical to our success.
We're looking for a skilled hands-on Technical Manager to act as a player/coach, helping to train and build our growing team of full stack engineers and further our clinical software platform. You will work to drive initiatives, and communicate regularly with stakeholders. You will be part manager, leader, mentor, engineer and ally to product management and other stakeholders.
If you're the right candidate, you'll be exercising all the skills you have and building new ones along the way:
- Experience with aligning an engineering team to business goals and driving delivery.
- A passion for mentorship and building your team through training and hiring.
- You want to stay close to the codebase and have the ability to switch between thinking big picture and collaborating on individual features with the team.
- Collaborate with leads of other teams including product management, product design, other engineering groups, and key product stakeholders.
- A recent history of working closely with code and system architecture.
- Drive and uphold high engineering standards, bringing consistency to the codebases you encounter and ensuring software is adequately reviewed, tested, and integrated.
Our employees come in all shapes and sizes, but to be successful in this role with us, you'll at least need:
- Engineering skills. We expect engineering Technical Managers to be capable of operating as a Senior Engineer, so you'll have spent a number of years in this field building and shipping code working on all areas of the web stack.
- Management experience. You've been around the block more than a couple times, and have personally managed teams of 5 or more engineers.
- Education. Generally, a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering is really helpful in working with our team on this kind of work. But feel free to convince us if you're the exception.
- An insatiable intellectual curiosity and the ability to learn quickly in a complex space
For the right candidate, we'll offer a competitive salary plus equity. Your compensation is rounded out by a strong benefits package:
- Flexible work hours, with work-from-home options available for many roles
- Three weeks of paid leave per year, an additional two weeks of sick time, plus extended holidays and team-approved leave
- Ten days of 100% subsidized child care per year
- Healthcare, vision, and dental insurance plans (HMO or PPO), with voluntary add-ons available for dependent care, life, and accident coverage
- Commuter benefit available for public transit or parking
- Convertible sit-stand desks
- Weekly in-office yoga classes
- Free in-office lunch on Tuesdays and Fridays
- Snacks and drinks in the office – which currently include a mountain of Milano cookies, endless Fruit Snacks, as well as cold brew coffee and kombucha on tap, among many other options. Our in-house Snackologist is also happy to take your requests!
Most importantly, you'll be doing important work with a team of people you'll genuinely enjoy spending the day with.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications — that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.
PathAI does not accept unsolicited submissions from third-parties.
With the rise of employment phishing scams, especially during the current COVID-19 situation, we ask candidates to be extra vigilant. Be careful about providing any kind of personal information, such as location, age, or financial information to recruiters who may be impersonating PathAI employees. PathAI does not require payment for interviews or for applicants to purchase their own work supplies for reimbursement.