Technical Lead, Software Engineering
Data is the Battleground where winning businesses transform into data-driven enterprises. Our flagship product Anzo differentiates in the highly competitive and hyper-growth data platform market. Anzo allows our customers to integrate and discover data through an enterprise data fabric. Anzo’s secret sauce is a nexus of semantic technology, graph databases and cloud computing that delivers at speed and scale never before possible. We need you to help us make it happen even faster!
Cambridge Semantics is seeking a highly skilled Java or Scala Engineer to join our engineering team as a technical lead. The successful candidate will be a seasoned Java and/or Scala professional with 5+ years of experience. As a leader, you'll help plan and define major new initiatives and work with a team of talented engineers to help bring them to reality. Familiarity with Apache Spark or another distribution framework is a strong plus, as this role will help build out our solutions for large-scale processing of data in distributed environments. This is an opportunity to join a world class team pioneering Web 3.0 semantic technologies.
- Experience leading an engineering team, even if only in an informal capacity. You must be able to bring ideas to reality, managing hurdles along the way.
- A passion for organizing software development projects from inception to launch, including making architectural decisions, considering effects on existing solutions, working with other developers, and keeping an eye on all the details.
- This is still a hands on role — you'll be actively involved in developing software components and products for our enterprise platform using Java and Scala technologies.
- Some experience with Hadoop, Apache Spark, MapReduce, or other distributed computing environments a strong plus.
- Proven track record of writing high-quality, testable, maintainable, and well-documented code
- Responsible for the detailed design documentation, development, unit testing, and maintenance of internally developed applications.
- Object-oriented analysis and design skills.
- Semantic Web technologies (RDF, OWL, SPARQL) not a prerequisite, but an advantage.
- Self-disciplined with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communications.
- Energetic and self-starting.
We cherish our fast-paced, startup environment that rewards pro-activeness and idea-sharing, and values flexibility and balance between work and home life. Our headquarters is located in a vibrant WeWork space in beautiful downtown Boston next to the Boston Common and is surrounded by endless lunch options and several different subway entrances.
If you are a motivated, passionate individual who is interested in making a tangible impact on our team and being part of our ascent to the next level, Cambridge Semantics is the place for you! We value the strength that diversity brings to the workplace, and encourage you to apply if you feel as though you are a great fit!