Tech Lead/Manager, Fields-Mobile at Indigo
Indigo Fields Mobile
As a Tech Lead/Manager of Indigo Fields mobile, you’ll lead a team to create scalable, distributed mobile applications that integrate with a rich ecosystem of services.
Indigo improves grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health through the use of natural microbiology and digital technologies. Whether it is our Marketplace that flips the current agricultural model on its head allowing growers to get paid a premium for growing organic and similarly desirable crops, or Indigo Transport™, our technology-enabled platform that creates choice by connecting carriers with growers and shippers to move grain more efficiently, or Indigo Carbon, which pays growers to help remove 1 trillion tons of atmospheric carbon dioxide and bring the concentration back to pre-Industrial Revolution levels, they all rely on detailed data collection. The Indigo Fields Mobile team is responsible for the creation and management of our mobile applications used by Agronomists and Growers to collect accurate data
Your expertise in building and leading high-performing engineering teams will help us deliver a world-class, scalable platform that secures Indigo as the leader in the agriculture technology space.
As a tech lead/manager at Indigo, you’ll:
- Manage a squad of mobile and backend software engineers (~4) that use modern tools - building apps in Swift, Kotlin, React Native, React, TypeScript, Node.js and GraphQL
- Work closely with the PM team to define new projects and keep them moving from start to finish
- Work cross-functionally with other Indigo Engineering groups such as Data Science Engineering, DevOps and GeoInnovation
- Clarify priorities and goals for your team to ensure alignment with Indigo’s long-term objectives
- Help engineers on your team level up by fostering a culture where people want to do their best work
- Support career growth for team members in a fast-moving and rapidly scaling organization through active mentorship and coaching
- Be part of the foundational group that puts Indigo on the map as one of the elite Engineering organizations
- You have a strong technical background -- former senior or principal software engineer
- You’ve been around the block enough to know bad patterns when you see them to help avoid repeating them
- You care deeply about people and will bend over backwards for your team
- You are optimistic in the face of adversity
- Understand trade-offs - when to cut corners and when you can’t
- You are able to juggle multiple initiatives concurrently
If you want to be part of the solution, help fix the food system, while building cool software, apply today!
Indigo is a company dedicated to harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. With a vision of creating a world where farming is economically desirable and an accessible profession, Indigo works alongside its growers to apply natural approaches, conserve resources for future generations, and grow healthy food for all. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes to improve crop health and productivity, Indigo’s portfolio is focused on cotton, wheat, barley, corn, soybeans, and rice.
The company is headquartered in Memphis, TN, with our Technology headquarters in Boston, MA and additional offices in Research Triangle Park, NC, Buenos Aires, Argentina, São Paulo, Brazil, and Basel, Switzerland.