About the job
A stellar opportunity to have massive impact: join a growing team at a company continually redefining how people travel. As a Team lead Software Engineer, you will be directly responsible for many of the innovative features we’ll be working on, whether collaborating with our outstanding design and product team or helping our data science group work on the bleeding-edge to personalize travel for our ever-expanding population of members.
The ideal candidate has
• Experience managing a cross-functional team of developers.
• Thrived in the development of large-scale, robust microservice solutions
• Experience with OTA Hotel supply API
• A drive to iterate architecture in harmony with an Agile workflow
• Experience leading an Agile development team
• A love of learning and teaching
In this role, you will:
- Lead future development and technical execution for our hotel-facing, travel supply chain, and the backend services that drive it.
- Align and drive team members towards an inspiring vision, yet stage work to deliver value incrementally.
- Deliver fast and reliable user experience for our customers, leveraging Swift, Kotlin, and Scala and technologies like HBase, Kafka, GCP Big Query, Cloud SQL.
- As a hands-on lead, you will work closely with our team of software engineers and product managers to deliver rapid value.
- Collaborate directly with the company’s technology leadership on insuring Hopper’s success
- Manage. Mentor and coach technical team members
Our tech stack
- We have a microservice architecture with over 200+ services.
- Mostly Scala on the backend with some Python.
- Our UIs are Mobile first: Swift on iOS and Kotlin on Android.
- We mostly host our services on Google Cloud with some on-prem.
- We use things like HBase, Kafka, Pub/Sub, GCP Big Query, Cloud SQL, S3, Delos, Redis.
- GKE (K8) , terraform
- We are driven by data so Amplitude, Big Query and Datadog will be your buddies.
Perks of working with us:
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k
More about Hopper
Today, Hopper is best known as a travel app. We're going to do about $1B in sales this year and weathered the COVID storm better than anyone expected. We just raised $170M from Goldman Sachs and Capital One, and inked a deal to be the exclusive travel provider for Capital One Travel.
We owe our success, in large part, to a proprietary suite of data-driven and risk-based financial services that we have developed that complement a customer's trip-purchasing experience. One example is Price Freeze, where our customers are able to purchase a financial option in the app to lock in any price that they see, on any item, for as short as 1 hour or as long as 21 days with Hopper taking the risk on the other side of the trade.
Now we're laying the groundwork for continued expansion in 2021 by adding great people to our team who can help us compete with the travel giants.
Read Full Job Description