Team Lead Software Engineer, Hotels at Hopper
| Greater Boston Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:59 p.m. (EST) on Wednesday, August 18, 2021
Hopper offers a remote work policy that empowers employees to work from anywhere. Employees have the opportunity to work in an office environment or they can receive a work-from-home stipend if they prefer to work from home.
A stellar opportunity to have massive impact: join a growing team at a company continually redefining how people travel. As a Team lead Software Engineer, you will be directly responsible for many of the innovative features we’ll be working on, whether collaborating with our outstanding design and product team or helping our data science group work on the bleeding-edge to personalize travel for our ever-expanding population of members.
In this role, you will:
- Lead future development and technical execution for our consumer-facing, travel application, and the backend services that drive it.
- Align and drive team members towards an inspiring vision, yet stage work to deliver value incrementally.
- Deliver fast user experience for our customers, leveraging our tech stack.
- As a hands-on lead, you will work closely with our team of software engineers and product managers to deliver rapid value.
- Collaborate directly with the company’s technology leadership on ensuring Hopper’s success.
- Hire and develop amazing people.
An ideal candidate has:
- Experience managing a cross-functional agile team of mobile and backend developers.
- Thrived in managing risk and complexity to deliver robust delightful user experience at scale.
- Self-motivation and diligence.
- People Smarts.
Our tech stack:
- We have a microservice architecture with over 200+ services.
- Mostly Scala on the backend with some Python.
- Our UIs are Mobile first: Swift on iOS and Kotlin on Android.
- We mostly host our services on Google Cloud with some on-prem.
- We use things like HBase, Kafka, Pub/Sub, GCP Big Query, Cloud SQL, S3, Delos, Redis.
- We are driven by data so Amplitude, Big Query and Datadog will be your buddies.
Benefits of working with us
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k
More about Hopper
Today, Hopper is best known as a travel app. We're going to do about $1B in sales this year and weathered the COVID storm better than anyone expected. We just raised $170M from Goldman Sachs and Capital One, and inked a deal to be the exclusive travel provider for Capital One Travel.
We owe our success, in large part, to a proprietary suite of data-driven and risk-based financial services that we have developed that complement a customer's trip-purchasing experience. One example is Price Freeze, where our customers are able to purchase a financial option in the app to lock in any price that they see, on any item, for as short as 1 hour or as long as 21 days with Hopper taking the risk on the other side of the trade.
Now we're laying the groundwork for continued expansion in 2021 by adding great people to our team who can help us compete with the travel giants.
Read Full Job Description