Team Lead Security Control Guidance and Automation ( remote virtual home office eligible)
The role leads a team of cyber security professionals with specialized skills in security control guidance identifying and applying control requirements and will help driving the control implementation with specific focus on automation. The role will identify and evaluate cyber security control sets and identify and apply control requirements to information systems (IT) in alignment with cyber security policies and procedures. The Lead supports and leads the team in its work on problems of diverse scope and complexity ranging from moderate to substantial.
The Lead of cyber security control guidance and automation ensures that IT and cyber security architecture/designs, plans, controls, processes, standards, policies and procedures are aligned with cyber security and IT standards. The Lead utilizes security control frameworks to identify applicable security control requirements to ensure regulatory compliance, alignment with existing policies and procedures. The role participates in control design and defines requirements for control monitoring to ensure compliance with control requirements and efficient operation of controls. The Lead provide guidance on implementation of IT and cyber security policies.
The Lead will manage the performance and professional growth of 3-4 team members.
- Exercise independent judgment and decision making on complex issues regarding job duties and related tasks, and work under minimal supervision.
- Use independent judgment requiring analysis of variable factors and determining the best course of action.
- Advise leadership and executives on control strategies
- Lead security control guidance and automation team managing resources, prioritizing tasks and ensuring the quality of deliverables
- Lead and expand the control guidance and automation program by enhancing existing processes and utilizing existing technology.
- Drive the level of automation for control library and control implementation processes.
- Develop and drive control related automation program
- Work with partners in business and IT to identify root causes for issues and resolve issues creating a positive user experience.
- Work closely with cyber security teams to ensure seamless execution of processes and timely delivery to customers.
- Distribute work tasks and redirect personnel and resources when needed.
- Identify gaps in process and procedures.
- Be responsible for process improvements, including initiating, creating, updating process documentation.
- Drive integration of processes across disparate teams to align to a single, cohesive strategy
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field
- 8 or more years of technical cyber security experience
- 2 or more years of project or team leadership experience
- Experience working with control frameworks
- Skilled at identifying security risks and exposures
- Experience integrating Cyber Security technologies with existing technologies including cloud services
- Strong ability to assess urgency and prioritization and make good decisions based upon situational circumstances
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence others
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field
- Certifications: CISA, CISSP, HCISPP, CCSP, and/or CISM; Cloud related certifications