Systems Administrator at Everbridge
Work 4 days, have 3 days off – Schedule, Sunday – Wednesday, from 7 AM to 6 PM ET.
About the position
This position offers the right candidate an opportunity to participate in two of the fastest growing segments of the Internet – SaaS and the Cloud! Get in on the ground floor at Everbridge, the market leader for Incident Management and Communications solutions.
Our Technical Operations team plays a critical role in ensuring that Everbridge platforms are highly available through proactive system monitoring including verification of the integrity, availability and performance of the production environment.
Importantly, Everbridge Operations Engineers must develop a solid understanding of Everbridge’s platforms and processes, they must be keen to learn, able to use their experience and initiative to tackle a broad range of problems and contribute to the growing success of Everbridge’s applications and services.
What You Will Do:
- Identify, troubleshoot, and leverage all available resources to resolve production related issues and communicate issues to internal teams/management as required. This may include coordinating with third-party vendors and other IT teams.
- Issues to be resolved require a broad range of troubleshooting skills related to: software functionality, application/web server configuration, database management, and third-party dependencies.
- Identify and troubleshoot recurring platform problems as well as collaborating with internal teams to diagnose and prevent problems from occurring again.
- Trouble ticket generation and response; vendor interface and escalations.
- Look for and develop automation to assist in monitoring, troubleshooting, and administrative tasks.
- Initiate escalation requests per internal and external Service Level Agreements requirements.
- Maintain client security levels and information confidentiality.
- Create knowledgebase articles, procedures and runbooks. Provides documented case resolution information so that future issues are resolved faster and maintain it up-to-date.
- Utilize monitoring tools and assist in the creation of pro-active monitoring practices to ensure system availability, functionality, and performance 24/7.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
A successful System Administrator/SRE will demonstrate a general understanding of the technology utilized by the company; be able to describe and communicate basic technological concepts and terminology; apply standard IT technology in daily work; possess effective communication skills and have the following:
- 5+ years of experience maintaining, managing and monitoring remote servers running Linux/Unix production environments.
- Proficient in one or more scripting languages: such PowerShell, bash or programming languages such as Python, Java, or PHP.
- Have at least 5 years’ experience of working in Technical Operations as a Systems Administrator, junior SRE or equivalent
- Drive and aptitude to investigate and learn about new technology and troubleshooting processes.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, and ability to handle multiple concurrent tasks and projects with minimal supervision.
- Have the ability to utilize a high degree of creativity, analytical thinking and initiative.
- Experience with enterprise class monitoring/management systems (e.g. Nagios, SolarWinds, Cacti, Alertsite, DataDog, etc.)
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience with systems automation (e.g. Salt/Chef/etc.).
- Experience with virtualization technologies.
- Experience in administrating cloud platforms like AWS, Azure or Google Cloud.
- Working knowledge of ITIL and/or agile methodologies.
- Professional Exposure to container platform tools like OpenShift, Docker, Kubernetes.
About the company:
Everbridge is the leading critical communications platform trusted by corporations and communities of all sizes to connect the right people for real-time collaboration and response. Connecting more than 100 million people and internet-enabled devices, the company assures that secure, compliant communications are delivered and confirmed, whether locally or globally.
Everbridge is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.