Sustaining Engineer at Bevi
Bevi is a Series C startup that has raised over $60 million to bring customizable, healthy hydration to offices and facilities across the US and Canada. Founded in 2013, our co-founders set out to out-design bottled water. Within five years time, Bevi has saved the waste generated by over 50 million plastic bottles and seen revenue grow by 10x over the past 2 years! With offices now in Boston, New York, and San Francisco, we continue to grow our healthy flavor offerings and constantly strive to bring the next level of customization to the Bevi hydration experience.
We are seeking a Sustaining Engineer who will be responsible for the technical/Engineering aspects of Bevi’s existing products. The role includes responsibility for engineering, design for manufacturability and Quality of field products, ECO initiation and Implementations and supplier quality activities. The primary role of the Sustaining Engineer is to ensure that Bevi’s products meet the design intent and the suppliers deliver a quality product on an on-going basis. This person will be responsible to drive improvements in quality, process control, KPI’s and drive cost down.
Duties and responsibilities
- Lead Suppliers sustaining engineering activities including design and process changes.
- Prepare Release Packages consisting of: Bill of Materials, routings, drawings, fixtures/tooling, ECNs and more. Act as the sustaining product owner including: Creating, maintaining and organizing Drawing, Assemblies, Work Instructions and Forms.
- Establishing Product Sustaining goals and evaluating results.
- Support product failure investigations. Perform robust root cause analysis of production issues, product design issues, implement appropriate containment, and drive corrective action.
- Apply statistical methods and perform product/process analysis of quality improvements, cost reduction and improved efficiency.
- With collaboration with the Quality team, Manufacturing Engineering and R&D perform Design failures Analysis, (DFMEA), process failure analysis (PFMEA), gap analysis and value stream maps.
- Coordinate resources between Quality, R&D, Manufacturing, Supply Chain to take the re-design of a product into production.
- Supports test methods development and execution.
- Participation in design reviews as project leader of changes to existing products, participant, and independent reviewer, as applicable.
- Manufacturing and production support with outside vendors / suppliers as needed.
- Work in collaborations with the Manufacturing Engineering team to coordinate implementing Engineering and Process changes of revised products through ECN’s and CAR’s
- Perform component End-Of-Life engineering activities
- Requires strong technical writing in support of design inputs, design outputs, qualification activities, regulatory requirements and related pursuits.
- 3+ years of Engineering and/or Manufacturing experience.
- B.S. Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering.
- Good written and oral communication skills, including ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Must be able to perform various functions in support of product development and production support.
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools (i.e., Excel, Word, etc.), Bill of Material creation and manufacturing process knowledge essential, PLM.
- Preferred: Kaizen and Lean Manufacturing techniques.
- Competitive compensation package, inclusive of generous equity options for employees at all levels
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance plans with BlueCross BlueShield and MetLife, 95% paid by employer
- Fully employer paid disability and life insurances
- Wellness and fitness reimbursements
- 401(k) and personal finance education
- 15 days vacation and 9 paid holidays, 2 floating holidays, plus additional paid days for volunteering, sick leave, etc.
- Paid parental leave for both primary and secondary caregivers (mothers and fathers)
- Monthly stipends for cell phone use and commuting costs
- Generous employee referral program
- Fully stocked kitchen and Bevis on tap - and composting and terracycling, too
- Monthly happy hours, pancake breakfasts, Hero awards… and more!