Supplier Quality Engineer- Hardware at Markforged
- Ensure the quality of purchased components through an established quality management system
- Validate new suppliers and participate in the source selection process
- Visit and audit supplier facilities on a regular basis to review manufacturing processes, quality records, etc.
- Help define in-process and end of line tests and measurement systems
- Conduct quality review meetings with external suppliers and design engineering groups
- Provide support to design engineering teams to identify manufacturability and quality control issues
- Monitor field service repair and warranty returns, and implement CAR to suppliers
- Create regular SQA reports and participate in supplier scorecard updates
- Create and maintain policies and quality assurance documents to be implemented at our suppliers
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!What you have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical).
- Experience with PCBA’s, over-molded wire harnesses, motors, sensing devices, and other electromechanical assemblies
- Experience working with printed circuit board manufacturing and related processes including mechanical types of commodities. Experience with SMT assembly and common related components such as IC’s, diodes, resistors, capacitors, magnetics, MOSFET, hybrid assemblies and various mechanical components
- Experience in an ISO 9001 environment, manufacturing a wide range of components including precision machined parts, castings, and injection molded plastic parts
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and convert them into the quality control plans
- Ability to understand and implement Production Part Approval Process (PPAP)
- Green belt/Black belt Six sigma experience
- Experience with hands-on inspections and audits
- Basic knowledge of quality tools; i.e. supplier assessments, First Article Inspections (FAI), Failure Modes Effects Analysis (FMEA), 8D Problem Solving, Root-Cause Analysis, Corrective Action, Mistake Proofing and Process Control.
- Driving Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) development, execution, monitoring and control as part of sustaining product/process changes.
- Conducting Supplier quality risk assessment and mitigation activities.
- Six Sigma, Lean, or ASQ Certification and training preferred.