Strategic Application Engineer - Aerospace at Markforged
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:27 a.m. (EST) on Saturday, January 16, 2021
Markforged is reinventing manufacturing with high value 3D metal and carbon fiber printers capable of producing parts strong enough for the factory floor and beyond. Engineers and manufacturing professionals all over the world optimize their supply chain with Markforged metal and composite printers for tooling, fixtures, functional prototyping, and high-value end-use part production.
Founded in 2013 and based in Watertown, MA, Markforged has about 250 employees globally, with $137 million in both strategic and venture capital. Markforged’s vision is a world in which you build anything you imagine. Markforged was recently recognized by Forbes in the Next Billion-Dollar Startups list and listed as the fastest-growing 3D printing company in the US in the 2019 Deloitte Fast 500. To learn more about Markforged, please visit https://markforged.com.
Markforged is expanding our existing business within the aerospace sector to address the strong demand for flight qualified printed components. We are seeking professional candidates with experience within major OEMs, MROs, and the supply chain to support this initiative - using technical expertise, you will help identify and address industry challenges with our unique suite of technology to increase solution value and drive adoption.
Application Engineers serve as trusted advisors to prospects and customers by leveraging their technical expertise and business acumen to propose relevant solutions to real business problems. Work in tandem with our Strategic Account Sales Managers to sell to our largest customers across key business units and markets globally. A high performer will anticipate and overcome technical objections to grow and accelerate sales opportunities and provide the right solution to our customers.
In this role you will:
- Gain and maintain expert technical knowledge and proficiency with Markforged products, applications, and the competitive manufacturing space in general
- Lead technical discovery to uncover business and performance requirements that map to Markforged solutions
- Consult with prospects and customers to identify appropriate applications of Markforged technology to define a business case and solution
- Support qualification efforts and test plan activity to de-risk acceptance and adoption of new technology
- Demonstrate Markforged capabilities, including software, printers, demo parts and custom benchmark parts
- Support internal product, sales, and engineering teams by distilling market feedback and requirements, to help shape future roadmap and strategy
- Support marketing efforts by serving as an industry thought leader at events and webinars. Develop and advise on content and approach for industry specific outreach
What we look for
- Engineering degree or related technical degree
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in a related field
- CAD and 3D printing experience
- Demonstrated expertise in the following areas: aerospace manufacturing and support; qualification of new parts, processes, and materials; aerospace systems and requirements
- Mechanically intuitive and knowledgeable about a range of typical manufacturing processes found in this sector
- Experience in preparing technical solutions for business proposals and navigating large-company procurement processes
- Driven and self-motivated with the ability to manage several long-term projects with minimal oversight in a fast-paced startup environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including mastery in English
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills; comfort in a results oriented environment
- Willingness to travel up to 60%(domestic/intl) in support of sales activities, including valid drivers license
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Demonstrated experience in a sales role, professional services, or strategic consulting
- Active TS/SCI security clearance with CI or LS poly
- Experience selling into DoD agencies
- MBA or graduate degree in a related technical field
Help us reinvent manufacturing.
We are reinventing manufacturing so that engineers can build anything they imagine.
We are one team that wins together!
You will be engaging every day with passionate and dedicated individuals in a collaborative environment working towards making best-in-class products.
Perks & Benefits
We offer a competitive compensation package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits, open PTO policy, and more. Our work environment includes casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free parking, weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks. You will have unlimited access to our 3D printers for professional and personal parts!
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description