Staff Software Engineer, Team Lead
We’re not your traditional tech company and we don’t aim to be. Going against the grain is in our DNA. Building a revolutionary product begins with revolutionary thinking. That’s why we value diversity of thought, background and experience. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Toast is looking for a Staff Software Engineer to play a critical role on the team responsible for building our customer onboarding journey. At Toast we want to make it easy and transparent for our customers to sign up and onboard with us, this system is one of the first impression our restaurants have of working with us and first impressions matter! We connect our proprietary technology platforms with existing internal business systems (primarily salesforce) to streamline the entire onboarding experience. These systems play a critical role in how we engage and maintain high quality relationships with the restaurants we serve.
Some of our major recent projects include:
- Onboarding Portal: a greenfield project in its initial iteration is the main communications hub between Toast and our customers while they are signing up with Toast
- Self Scheduling: allows Toast’s customers to create and edit appointments with Remote Installation Engineers without needing to call or email
About this roll*:
- Guide the growth of three to four engineers, including mentoring, career development, and performance management
- Architecting and designing our onboarding journey microservices to support integration of upstream platforms and product lines using pub/sub, REST and other microservice patterns
- Collaborating with our business applications and toast sign teams to design and implement best practices for integration with our CRM (Salesforce) system
- Thinking in terms of the end-user and designing accordingly
- Participating in code reviews to ensure technical implementations meet functional requirements
Do you have the right ingredients?
- You value the success of the business and are able to design technical solutions to drive that success
- You have experience working with product teams to plan for solutions that deliver good outcomes to our customer and the company
- You want to remain close to the code and are comfortable making complex changes without breaking (too much) stuff
- You demonstrate humility, empathy and respectfulness
- You act as a force multiplier for teams you work with
*Bread puns encouraged, not required