Staff Software Engineer, Team Lead (ToastSign) at Toast
We’re not your traditional tech company and we don’t aim to be. Going against the grain is in our DNA. Building a revolutionary product begins with revolutionary thinking. That’s why we value diversity of thought, background and experience. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Toast is looking for a Staff Software Engineer to play a critical role on the team responsible for building our application to sign up new restaurants. At Toast we want to make it easy and transparent for our customers to sign up and onboard with us; this product is the very first impression our restaurants have of working with us and first impressions matter! The ToastSign team connects our proprietary technology platforms with existing internal business systems (primarily Salesforce) to streamline the entire restaurant onboarding experience. These systems play a critical role in how we engage and maintain high quality relationships with the customers we serve.
Some of our major recent projects include:
- Generation and delivery of signed contract via pdf to customer
- Handle multi ownership scenarios where multiple sign offs from multiple owners are required
- Automatic validation of bank account information
About this roll*:
- Guide the growth of 3-4 engineers, including mentoring, career development, and performance management
- Architect and design our Toast sign microservices to support integration of upstream platforms and product lines using pub/sub, REST and other microservice patterns
- Collaborate with our business applications team and onboarding journey team to design and implement best practices for integration with our CRM system (Salesforce)
- Participate in code reviews to ensure technical implementations meet functional requirements
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- You value the success of the business and are able to design technical solutions to drive that success
- You have experience working with product teams to plan for solutions that deliver good outcomes to our customer and the company
- You want to remain close to the code and are comfortable making complex changes without breaking (too much) stuff
- You demonstrate humility, empathy and respectfulness
- You act as a force multiplier for teams you work with
*Bread puns encouraged, not required