Staff Software Engineer, Team Lead, Payments Platform
We are a rapidly growing company that’s revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an extraordinary commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, guest-facing technology, and award-winning customer support. As a Toaster, you will be challenged to take on meaningful projects that will help craft the future of the company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Toast’s payment processing platform today supports tens of thousands of restaurants each day, processing billions of dollars annually. This is a business critical system with many complex parts that we need to evolve and extend in order to support new products and additional scale.
As a Team Lead for Payments Platform you would be responsible for the success and impact of a small cross-functional team, and improving that team over time. We are looking for an experienced person to lead the team that is responsible for Toast’s payment processing platform.
As a Team Lead at Toast you will:
- Write code that is used for processing hundreds of thousands of payments per day.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to the team on how to build systems that solve current needs while being flexible to future changes.
- Be a force multiplier for the individuals on your team
- Work closely with other teams to ensure seamless integration with our existing systems and external partners.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure implementations meet functional requirements.
- Participate in on-call rotations and incident response
- Guide the growth of two to four engineers, including mentoring, career development, and performance management.
Do you have the right ingredients?
- Significant experience working in a SaaS environment with microservices
- Significant experience with JVM languages such as Java, Kotlin
- An understanding of distributed systems concepts
- Experience with some of the following beneficial but not required:
- Java web frameworks such as Dropwizard or Spring Boot
- Enterprise integration systems such as Apache Camel or Mule ESB
- Messaging queuing systems such as Kafka, AWS Kinesis, Pulsar
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively up, down and across teams
- Enjoy devising technical solutions to solve complex business problems
- Can quickly hop into a new codebase and find your way around
- Balance getting things done with making things perfect
- Take pride in mentoring other developers
- Like to get involved in deciding what gets built to solve for the customer and the company
- A demonstrated history of self-improvement and learning
...we’d love to talk!
We are an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and diverse viewpoints at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.