Staff Software Engineer - New Ventures at Toast
Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Who We Are
The New Ventures Program is an innovation engine focused on the creation of new capabilities and new businesses at Toast. Our teams operate much like a seed-stage startup within Toast. And, like a startup, we expect to move fast and learn along the way.
The New Ventures Marketplace team’s mission is to develop a world-class restaurant marketplace for consumers to easily discover exceptional restaurants / meals and provide restaurants with a more effective customer acquisition channel that helps them thrive.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
In this roll, you will be in a unique position to work on a variety of different projects and have a strong voice in technology, product, and business strategy. This position is an exceptional opportunity for a smart, hands dirty, entrepreneurial engineer who wants to work with a modern stack and solve real business problems via technology.
- Rapidly design, scope and implement solutions using a combination of technologies
- Enhance the platform to improve performance, usability, and scalability
- Work closely with your team to identify high-impact opportunities
- Total commitment to being a great teammate
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Qualities & Essential Skills)
- 8+ years of experience developing fullstack web applications
- Working knowledge of JS frameworks such as React or Angular
- Working knowledge of CSS and frameworks such as Tailwind, Bootstrap, or similar
- Working knowledge of backend technologies like Node.js or Go
- Experience building on top AWS services with other tools like Docker, and Git
- Familiarity implementing designs provided by high-fidelity UX mocks in Figma, Sketch, etc.
- Experience shipping and maintaining testable code bases, including API design and unit-testing frameworks
- Passionate about making users happy and seeing people use your product in the wild.
- Ability to embrace the agile mindset and understand that sometimes we need to ship features quickly and clean up the code later.
- Comfortable with testing methodologies and frameworks
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged, but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected]
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.