Staff Software Engineer, Carbon at Indigo
Does fighting climate change through regenerative farming practices at a scale sound interesting to you?
Through the use of data-driven insights, natural microbiology, and innovative digital technologies, Indigo Ag helps farmers make farming more sustainable to combat climate change and protect the environment. Our grain, carbon, and transportation marketplaces enable farmers to profit from those sustainable choices.
We are looking for a Staff Backend Engineer to join the Credit Production team under Carbon Engineering. We are committed to crafting and maintaining trustworthy applications that help our growers move towards better, more efficient agricultural practices. In this role you will provide hands-on technical expertise in conducting rapid experimentation and in executing infrastructure improvements. This is a great opportunity to build something from the ground up in the latest tech stack and make a tangible impact on climate change in the process.
About this role:
As an engineer on the Carbon Team you will:
- Drive architectural changes to enable improvements to product quality, and performance.
- Enable clear, quick, and quantitative understanding of pipeline changes.
- Build tools to help our science and data science colleagues work more efficiently.
- Recognize impediments to our efficiency, propose, and implement solutions.
- Provide detailed and constructive design and code reviews, and mentor fellow engineers.
- You have experience in conducting rapid experimentation, standing-up new infrastructure, and/or improving existing ones.
- You have deep knowledge of software engineering and system design best practices.
- You have experience deploying to cloud environments and with containerization.
- You are a fast learner and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- You are a self-starter, self-disciplined engineer, who is collaborative and able to communicate with other teams of engineers and non-engineers.
- You enjoy mentoring others and sharing your knowledge.
- You have a degree in a Scientific or Engineering field, or equivalent work experience. A PhD is a plus, but certainly not required.
- Experience working with scientists or working in a research environment is highly desired.
- Experience with Python is a plus.
We’re building the technology to feed the world and fight climate change. We believe that through teamwork we can achieve more to benefit all of agriculture: from farmers to consumers to the planet.
Game changers don't fit in a box. The requirements listed above are examples of what we think enables success in this role, but we recognize the impossibility of fully capturing a singularly perfect description, and we believe in the power of diversified and creative displays of skills and qualifications. We embrace the unconventional. We embrace creativity. We embrace a challenge to the status quo. If the specifications in the list above aren’t an exact match… great! Apply, be you, and be proud that you aren’t ordinary (we certainly aren’t!).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Generous time off
- Parental leave
- A remote-first organization with flexible work hours
- Commuter benefits
- 401(k) plan
- Competitive compensation including stock options