Staff Software Development Engineer in Test, Health Coaching Platform
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
The Health Coaching Platform team at Fitbit is committed to empowering individuals to take control of their health and equipping health coaches and other healthcare providers with tools that optimize collaboration and care.
WE are a passionate team building out the tools to improve health outcomes across our rapidly growing user base. We strive to continually improve our code and our process, ensuring that we can deliver the best feature set to users in the minimal amount of time. We believe that we can change lives with the work we do.
YOU are a talented software test engineer focused on shipping the best quality software. You value autonomy, ownership, and collaborative, fast-moving environments. You enjoy analyzing problems and architecting solutions, and believe that every interaction the customer has should be compelling and first rate.
As a Software Development Engineer in Test you will work on challenging automation tools and tests that will provide continuous quality feedback to your team. You will work with mobile and web automation, RESTful API’s, Continuous Integration systems and cloud based environments. The challenges are plentiful and we are looking for a proactive engineer who has a passion for quality and a proven track record of putting that passion into motion.
What you'll work on:
- Own, define and build test framework requirements and architecture
- Integrate and enhance continuous integration pipeline(s)
- Design, develop and deploy new automated test cases
- Build stress and load based toolsets that can identify stack limitations
- Partner with Fitbit Infrastructure and Automation teams to deliver a unified approach to automation
- Continuously evaluate and adopt industry best approaches for automation
Who You Are:
- You are very comfortable with the Python programming language and ecosystem
- Strong experience with continuous integration and build/deploy toolsets
- Strong experience with Test Automation frameworks
- Experience with automating RESTful API's
- Experience with hybrid mobile apps built with Cordova or similar
- You can work independently with limited supervision
- You can communicate effectively with peers and tailor communication to your audience
- You have a willingness to dive in and assist coworkers when incidents arise
Nice To Have's:
- Experience with cloud computing platforms like AWS or Google Cloud Platform
- Familiarity with configuration management and provisioning tools like Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or Terraform
- Experience with one or more of the technologies in our stack (or similar technologies):
- Frameworks: Mongoose, Hibernate, Spring, Finagle, Finatra, Thrift, AngularJS
- Messaging: Kafka
- Caching: Memcached, Redis
- Logging and Monitoring: Prometheus, Graphite, StatsD, Nagios, Logstash, Kibana
- New Relic APM
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.