What you'll do:
- You will participate in working with all of the top engineers at Chewy to evolve architecture direction of all development at Chewy.
- You will have responsibility over major components of Chewy’s architecture – both development and operational needs. You will be the go-to engineer for your part of the platform.
- You will be responsible for ensuring your systems are fully CICD and have responsibility of a plan to get to CICD if not there yet.
- Limiting technical debt will be your key objective.
- You will design responsive, reusable user interfaces/components using Vue React, Redux and CSS-in-JS
- Build and consume RESTful endpoints
- Hiring, training, mentoring and growing new talent will be a major part of your job as Chewy is growing all teams at a record pace
- Drive innovation through rapid prototyping and iterative development.
- Conduct design and code reviews and raise the bar on engineering rigor and standard
- Debug production issues across services and tech stack
- Continuously measure and optimize the performance, effectiveness, and uptime of backend services
- You will participate in setting guidelines for evolving development practices, as well as mentoring junior engineers.
What you'll need:
- Minimum 5 years of software development integrating with web services (SOAP/HTTP, REST)
- Minimum of 3 years of cloud & software architecture experience
- Experience working with Node JS and the node ecosystem for web application development
- Hands-on experience leading the design, development and deployment of business software at scale
- Be a hands-on Engineer spending significant percentage of their time writing code or debugging tricky issues
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Proficiency in Computer Science fundamentals – object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm - design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Experience mentoring and training the engineering community on complex technical issues
- Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills & a working knowledge of design patterns
- Experience with designing, building and deploying scalable, highly available systems
- Experience with cloud & orchestration technologies (AWS Services, Terraform, Ansible, etc.)
- Have or (more importantly) be willing to learn deep domain knowledge in the area of retail e-commerce.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics or Electrical Engineering
- Experience in e-commerce
- Experience with Scrum, XP or other agile methodologies a plus
- Good communication skills with both technical and business audiences
- Experience with OpenAPI, Swagger, or stoplight.io
- Experience with configuration and deployment management via Terraform or Ansible and be hands on technology infrastructure, network, compute, storage, and virtualization experience
- Infrastructure automation through DevOps scripting (E.g. shell, Python, Ruby, Powershell)
- Experience with data analysis/mining in large scale database environments a plus
- Familiarity with modern tools and environments (e.g., JSON 3 API, Chaos Engineering, web services, version control systems, bug/issue tracking tools)
- Experience with Typescript and GraphQL
- Familiarity with Test driven development, Jest and Cypress
- Familiarity with AWS
- Experience with SEO
- Experience with Accessibility
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact [email protected]