Sr. Software Engineer at Hopper
| Greater Boston Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:59 p.m. (EST) on Wednesday, August 18, 2021
A stellar opportunity to have massive impact: join the world-class engineering team at the company that’s redefining how people travel. As a Software Engineer, you will be directly responsible for designing, implementing, deploying and operating the complex backend systems that power Hopper’s award-winning user experience. Our Platform Experimentation team is in charge of a server-driven mobile framework that supports the product development teams. This framework is used to improve feature velocity, experimentation rate, and feature parity across platforms. While support for product facing features will be a continual part of the role, your primary focus will be on empowering other teams to build better and faster. You will own the tooling that drives this framework and create new native experiences in a declarative, cross platform, version safe way.
- Passion for building engaging user experiences
- Experience building automated solutions to simplify complicated manual processes
- Interest and experience with site reliability engineering practices
- Thrived in backend engineering positions and delivered user experience at scale
- Experience or curiosity to learn distributed system development in Scala
- Excelled in cross-functional teams, working fluidly with Product Managers, Software Developers, and highly skilled travel agents
- Ability to focus on quality, writing testable code that performs well for our consumers
- A desire to help its team to continuously improve
- Build automated solutions that simplify the customer service journey
- Build and operate robust and performant infrastructure that supports millions of bookings per year
- Ship your first code in days, iterating on features in an agile manner
- Leverage and contribute to a rich Microservices architecture system
- Collaborate with a diverse group of people, giving and receiving feedback for growth
- Execute on big opportunities, helping Hopper rise to the top of the travel industry
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k
More about Hopper
Today, Hopper is best known as a travel app. We're going to do about $1B in sales this year and weathered the COVID storm better than anyone expected. We just raised $170M from Goldman Sachs and Capital One, and inked a deal to be the exclusive travel provider for Capital One Travel.
We owe our success, in large part, to a proprietary suite of data-driven and risk-based financial services that we have developed that complement a customer's trip-purchasing experience. One example is Price Freeze, where our customers are able to purchase a financial option in the app to lock in any price that they see, on any item, for as short as 1 hour or as long as 21 days with Hopper taking the risk on the other side of the trade.
Now we're laying the groundwork for continued expansion in 2021 by adding great people to our team who can help us compete with the travel giants.
Read Full Job Description