Sr Software Engineer at Interactions
Who is Interactions?
Interactions, LLC is the world’s largest independent AI company. We operate at the intersection of customer experience and AI – two of today’s most innovative and dynamic industries. Since 2004, we’ve helped leading companies like MetLife, Hyatt, Shutterfly, and LifeLock have millions of successful conversations, resulting in saving operational cost and increasing productivity.
Interactions’ 5-year vision is to accelerate a transition from today’s frustrating and uninspired customer service experiences into amazing conversational engagements! Allowing customers to communicate in their own words and on their channel of choice, to accomplish tasks, all without having to go through an agent. In doing this via our conversational AI engine, our customers benefit from dramatically improved customer experience and increased customer engagement, while also saving significant and demonstrable operational expenses.
As a member of one of our Technology teams, you will contribute to building solutions that use natural language processing, cognitive computing, and artificial intelligence applications or the frameworks and infrastructure that support them.
As a member of one of our Engineering teams, you will contribute to building highly scalable/reliable components that leverage natural language understanding, search, and big data technologies to provide social media analytics and engagement.
The Senior Software Engineer will be part of a team of engineers and scientists that are responsible for all aspects of developing, testing and supporting a social engagement platform that uses AI to help companies understand and engage with their customers over many different channels.
The Sr. Software Engineer plays a key role in designing, implementing, and maintaining a full stack of software components that make up our data analytics and engagement platform. The Sr. Software Engineer works in close collaboration with Product Owners, Professional Services, and in some cases third party software vendors and Customers/Prospects.
Essential Job Functions:
- Design and implement new product features for our customers
- Maintain entire software stack, providing exceptional experiences for our customers
- Diagnose, address, and get in front of potential issues through robust monitoring and logging
- Effectively communicate within and outside the team.
- Bring new technical ideas, in keeping with latest industry trends, to fruition by prototyping and then incorporating them into the Platform.
- Work on an agile team to deliver high quality software on time, providing progress updates and reporting any issues or technical difficulties.
Preparation, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar field.
- 5+ years of experience building applications in Java and/or Node.
- Web development experience in Angular, React, Ember, or Vue
- Exceptional database skills including SQL and NoSQL architectures
- Experience designing and creating web APIs using REST, gRPC, and other API standards.
- Minimum of three years working on mission critical, 24x7, high performance and scalable systems.
- Experience working with all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle – ranging from architecture and design to implementation and testing.
- Experience in writing design documentation, coding, and writing unit and integration tests.
- Prior experience with architecture and design of components and features that are part of large enterprise architectures.
- Enjoys coding and solving challenging and complex technical problems.
- Must have strong testing, debugging and problem solving skills.
- Good written/verbal communication skills and excellent collaboration skills.
- Proactive, independent problem solver; addresses complex challenges with both focus and curiosity.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or similar field.
- Prior experience with AI and machine learning technologies just as tensorflow, pytorch, and scikit-learn.
- Experience with ETL and BI Tools
- Experience with profiling and troubleshooting large scale systems with extremely large amounts of data
- Experience with asynchronous, event driven architectures
Why Work at Interactions?
We've created a culture of people who are dedicated to helping each other and the company succeed. We take time to celebrate wins and recognize accomplishments. Whether it’s a seasonal event or friendly competition, we’re always thinking of new ways to have fun.
Our team's health and well-being is important to us. In addition to a full suite of benefits, we offer 5 weeks of time off with pay, 401k matching, paid parental leave and flexible work schedules. We are all committed to the company’s success by being valued shareowners and are incentivized through individual performance and company results. Come join us!
Interactions is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, marital status, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.