Abacus Insights is a mission-driven, growth stage technology company that is focused on improving health outcomes, lowering the cost of healthcare, and delivering a more seamless healthcare experience. At our core, we are passionate about advancing healthcare and improving people’s lives through technology.
Abacus Insights provides a flexible, efficient, and secure platform that organizes and exchanges data from various sources and formats, allowing healthcare companies to uncover differentiated insights that address their customers’ needs. Our employees know that they play an active role in keeping our customers data safe and are responsible for ensuring that our comprehensive policies and practices are met.
With our deep expertise in cloud-enabled technologies and knowledge of the healthcare industry, we have built an innovative data integration and management platform that allows healthcare payers access to data that has been historically siloed and inaccessible. Through our platform, these health insurance payers can ingest and manage all the data they need to transform their business by supporting their analytical, operational, and financial needs.
Through this mission and passion to aid people and population health, we have built a highly successful SaaS business that is heavily funded (since our founding in 2017 we have over 53 million) by leading VC firms who have deep expertise in the healthcare and technology industries. At Abacus, we are solving problems of massive scale and complexity in an industry that is not only ripe for disruption but requires innovation. We see massive growth in our future and would love for you to be a part of it!
The Abacus QA team is looking for a Sr. Software Engineer in Test that will provide technical leadership, implement test strategy, and contribute to our suite of automated tests. This is a critical member of our team that will help define acceptance criteria for multiple test types, including performance testing and recommending best-practice testing tools. This role will work across multiple applications and technologies and will collaborate heavily across our agile scrum teams.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the design, development, and maintenance of our test automation framework
- Ensure high-quality software releases via continuous and iterative testing approach
- Work with complex applications developed on AWS, PCF, Azure, or similar platforms
- Participate as a Subject Matter Expert in internal review of software components and systems
- Help us test highly-scalable distributed platforms, serverless applications, data pipelines, data migration pipelines, and data warehouse using Amazon Web Services cloud technologies like S3, Athena, Redshift, Kubernetes, RDS, Step function, Lambdas, EKS cluster, Autoscaling group, Kinesis, SQS.
- Strong programming skills, primarily in Python/Java. Experience in multiple programming language is preferred.
- Be a vocal champion of quality
- Ability to read and analyze application logs, GC logs, thread dumps, head dumps etc. Experience in JVM and SQL queries performance tuning
- Ability to identify system bottlenecks and resource leaks with strong troubleshooting, problem solving & reasoning skills
- Experience in building software on cloud platforms such as AWS
- Experience in microservices architecture, container management, service mesh, API gateways and tools like Kubernetes