Sr. Software Engineer In Test, AppSec
Threat Stack enables DevOps and SecOps teams to innovate and scale security by providing full-stack security observability from the control plane up to the application layer. Purpose-built for today’s infrastructure, the Threat Stack Cloud Security Platform® and Cloud SecOps Program℠ combine cloud-optimized intrusion defense, continuous security monitoring, and proactive risk assessment to help security and operations teams detect security incidents, achieve compliance, and secure infrastructure in transition.
Threat Stack has recently added Application Security to the platform, empowering developers to build secure, cloud-native applications that can detect and prevent threats at runtime, including applications running on Kubernetes.
Our web application is built in React and Node.js, with a powerful JVM based back-end leveraging several high-scale platforms. We’re looking to expand to additional technologies and toolkits as our data visualization and event processing needs scale. We expect you to be psyched about learning new languages and platforms quickly, and passionate about finding the right solution for the job.
Come join us in building the future of cloud application security.
What We Offer
- As the newest part of the ThreatStack platform, the AppSec team offers significant opportunity to have early influence over the future direction of the product. We have a solid foundation, but we have a long list of innovative features to create as we support our users - software developers - and help them understand how to reduce risk in their apps. You’ll be directly influencing and building software in the fast-moving early releases and helping it scale to thousands of teams worldwide.
- A cohesive Engineering team where software and infrastructure engineers work side-by-side as we release new code, resolve bottlenecks, and improve our reliability and scalability.
- A team that is committed to continuous delivery practices, and continually learning as we grow.
What You’ll Do:
- Establish automation tooling in green fields, and build up what we’ve already automated
- Expand and introduce test automation in our development process
- Develop, document, and execute manual and automated test scenarios for our SaaS platform to achieve quality goals
- Automate the automatable and collaborate with software and infrastructure engineers to improve our continuous integration platform
- Work side by side with engineers and Product Management as features are developed to plan and execute test scenarios
- Collaborate with Support and Customer Success to review and test customer-reported issues
What We’re Looking For:
- 4+ years experience in software testing
- 2+ years experience in programming test automation, using languages such as Nodejs, Ruby, Python, Scala.
- Proficient in using Mocha, Chai, Postman, jMeter.
- Strong understanding of QA practices and approaches, including CI/CD practices
- Comfortable with git and various Linux distros
- Working knowledge of SQL and NoSQL environments to perform data queries