About the job
A stellar opportunity to have massive impact: join the rapidly growing team at a company continually redefining how people travel. As Software Developer, you will be directly responsible for building scalable innovative features to our Hotels platform collaborating with our outstanding design and product teams or helping our data science group work on the bleeding-edge technology to personalize travel for our ever expanding population of members.
The ideal candidate has
• Thrived in backend technologies and delivered user experience at scale (Bonus point if it was with Scala)
• The ability to bring leading industry techniques and technologies to the table
• Excelled in cross-functional teams, working fluidly with Product Managers, Data Scientists, Mobile Developers, and other highly skilled specialists
• A passionate focus on quality, writing testable code that performs and scales
• Experience using application monitoring systems
In this role, you will:
- Build innovative consumer experiences, setting standards for code quality, scalability, reliability and performance
- Ship your first code in days, iterating on features in an agile manner
- Decide how to best build core systems to take advantage of our microservices architecture
- Make our app/system more reliable and scalable
- Collaborate with a diverse group of people, giving and receiving feedback for growth
- Execute on big opportunities, helping Hopper rise to the top of the travel industry
Our tech stack :
- We have a microservice architecture with over 200+ services.
- Mostly Scala on the backend with some Python.
- Our UIs are Mobile first: Swift on iOS and Kotlin on Android.
- We mostly host our services on Google Cloud with some on-prem.
- We use things like HBase, Kafka, Pub/Sub, GCP Big Query, Cloud SQL, S3, Delos, Redis.
- We are driven by data so Amplitude, Big Query and Datadog will be your buddies.
Benefits of working with us
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k
More about Hopper
Today, Hopper is best known as a travel app. We're going to do about $1B in sales this year and weathered the COVID storm better than anyone expected. We just raised $170M from Goldman Sachs and Capital One, and inked a deal to be the exclusive travel provider for Capital One Travel.
We owe our success, in large part, to a proprietary suite of data-driven and risk-based financial services that we have developed that complement a customer's trip-purchasing experience. One example is Price Freeze, where our customers are able to purchase a financial option in the app to lock in any price that they see, on any item, for as short as 1 hour or as long as 21 days with Hopper taking the risk on the other side of the trade.
Now we're laying the groundwork for continued expansion in 2021 by adding great people to our team who can help us compete with the travel giants.
Read Full Job Description