Sr. Serverless Ops Engineer
POSITION SUMMARY: This position is responsible for the development and production environments deployed across multiple AWS regions. Oversees public facing web servers. Works with development teams to integrate projects into production. Builds automation and productivity tools to streamline applications in production
- Sets up, runs, and monitors public-facing web servers (nginx, apache, etc)
- Performs shell scripting in at least one dynamic programming language (Python preferred)
- Responsible for maintenance of a distributed data store (Mesos, Cassandra, Zookeeper, Hbase, Kafka etc).
- Maintain Mesosphere DCOS clusters with Docker containers
- Works closely with development teams to integrate projects into the production AWS environment and ensure its ongoing support
- Troubleshoots software stack as needed.
- Builds engineering automation and productivity tools to streamline and scale applications in the production environment
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to application development, deployment and operations
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree in related field
EXPERIENCE: 2-4 years' related experience. 0-2 yrs experience with Docker or ECS; AWS - VPC, Lambda, Elastic BeanStalk, Archiving and API Management. 0 to 2 years' experience with automation using Python or Bash or Ruby. Basic experience implementing a process automation solution (Puppet, Chef, or similar). Basic knowledge in Configuration management (Puppet / Chef). Experience with change control practices is recommended. Experience monitoring and supporting multi-tier application clusters is recommended.
COMPLEXITY: Understands the defined requirements and solves, recommends solutions. Performance will be measured by his/her ability to deliver quality applications on time.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS: Works in a team environment, including cross-functional teams within IT engineering.