Sr QA Engineer
Toast is a rapidly growing startup building the first all-in-one restaurant management software platform. Toast’s Android tablet based system helps restaurants operate more efficiently and connect with their customer base in new and innovative ways. For example, our portable tablets allow waitstaff to enter orders directly to the kitchen, reducing guest wait time and allowing the restaurant to turn over tables faster. This is good for the guest experience and good for the restaurant! Toast is growing quickly, powering cafes, restaurants, bars and nightclubs in all 50 states. We move fast and thus have lots of opportunities for career growth. If you’re passionate about your work and want to be in a fun and growing industry, join us!
We need a talented QA Engineer to ensure that Toast continues to build and maintain the highest quality product as our vision moves forward. We work hard to deliver a well built product to our customers and to provide the infrastructure stability that’s necessary for our complex distributed system to "just work".
Some projects we’ve been working on recently include:
- A kiosk that allows restaurant customers to place their own orders
- A system that allows restaurants to take payments even while our primary credit card processor is offline
- A discount system for our customers to configure complex discount rules
As a QA Engineer at Toast you will:
- Document and manage testing processes in an agile workflow
- Collaborate with the team (developers, product managers) to promote early testing in the software development process
- Assist in associating defects with application behavior
- Help to diagnose performance bottlenecks
- Participate in test design reviews to ensure technical implementations are properly tested
- Participate in weekly & monthly release test cycles
If you’re someone that:
- Has experience writing and executing manual test plans
- Has used industry standard tools such as Jira, Confluence and TestRail
- Is well-versed in tiered web application architecture and databases
- Has 3-5 years experience in a QA or Development role
Get in touch with us; we want to talk!