Sr. Principal Site Reliability Engineer at Nuance
Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Check out our team Life at Nuance!
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
The Senior Principal Sr. Principal SRE for Clintegrity is responsible for the integration and operation of pipelines, container orchestration and virtual machine configuration management within an Azure cloud environment that evolves aggressively to offer the best possible experience to our Healthcare customers ranging from CDI specialists to doctors making diagnoses. We use an Infrastructure-as-code approach leveraging Cloud Native Computing Foundation technologies in conjunction with Azure DevOps Pipelines and Hashicorp tooling to maintain a highly operable, highly available set of environments that can flex to serve up new products and technologies as fast as they are developed.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Azure Kubernetes Services (AKS) development and operation using Helm and Terraform within Azure Pipelines
- Networking subnets, virtual networks, NATs, VPNs
- SaltStack configuration management of virtual machines
- Terraform development across virtual machine and platform-as-a-service offerings
- Prometheus scrape and alert configuration across virtual machine and platform-as-a-service offerings leveraging dynamic configurations via service discovery
- Grafana dashboard development using PromQL
- Agile Scrum participation to rapidly develop and deliver increments as negotiated with product owners
- Collaboration with the Site Reliability Center and cross-functional emergency response teams when incidents occur
Education Requirements: Bachelor's degree with a concentration in a field such as Computer Science, Engineering, or Information Technology/Informatics
Years of Experience: 10+ and 5+ years of Cloud technology
- Cloud fundamentals (CLI/API expertise in Azure or AWS/GCP or equivalent)
- Infrastructure-as-code (Terraform, Azure Resource Manager API/Templates, or equivalent AWS/GCP expertise)
- Strong networking background
- Configuration management (SaltStack - or, equivalent plus python expertise)
- Templating (Jinja, Helm/gotpl, or equivalent)
- Monitoring (Prometheus and Grafana - or, equivalent)
- Shell scripting (bash and python - or, multiple equivalents)
- Pipeline operation (Azure Pipelines, or Jenkins, or equivalent)
- Agile/Scrum workflows
- Container fundamentals (Dockerfiles, docker commands)
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.