Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Experience designing secure cloud solutions, implementing the cybersecurity frameworks such as NIST, and have experience navigating security standards.
- Design and implement secure cloud applications.
- Advise and maintain security standards and internal policies.
- Provide mentoring and coaching to product teams to help further cloud maturity.
- Work with architects to define a vision of technical excellence for Cloud architecture, tools, and processes.
- Work closely with the Nuance Security Office and Hosted Operations for secure and resilient cloud solutions.
- Analyze existing systems and propose software architecture improvements to improve their overall security posture.
- Access architecture and technical assets from product teams and propose a security improvement plan where possible.
- Write detailed designs, clearly convey intent and ideas to developers.
- Solve complex technical problems / communicate ideas and plans to a diverse set of colleagues, negotiate technical solutions across teams when needed.
- Working in a distributed environment with teams around the world.
- Seamlessly shift between multiple, concurrent projects.
- Define KIPs to monitor and improve service levels.
- Knowledge, skills, and qualifications
Bachelors, Masters, or PHD degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years cloud software delivery experience
- 10+ years software industry experience
- Hands on experience designing and delivering secure cloud solutions.
- Experience with the NIST Cybersecurity framework
- Deep experience delivering large scale solutions to the cloud, millions of cloud transactions per month.
- Deep experience with agile methodologies: continuous integration, delivery, and deployment to production.
- Strong programming experience with Python / C# / JAVA.
- Relational database experience - MySQL, MS SQL, or equivalent
- Complete software lifecycle experience, including deployment to production.
- Clear passion for Cloud security through the SDLC lifecycle.
- Must be able to work in a distributed environment and balance competing priorities.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, is required for communication with globally distributed Nuance teams.
- Good people and negotiation skills, able to listen to disparate technical opinions and build consensus.
- Experience securing products, tools, and processes.
- Experience with Healthcare standards like HIPAA, HiTrust, and ISO 27001
- Experience with Scrum methodology and Agile practices.
- Embraces software development processes and design principles.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of public cloud, MS Azure, GCP, or AWS
- Experience with containers and orchestration frameworks like Kubernetes; related components like Prometheus.
- Experience with Cloud security tools and services. In particular MS Azure security suite.
- Strong background in DevOps / DevSecOps concepts and tools.
- Experience delivering highly available and highly scalable solutions.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.