Sr. Platform Engineer
Abacus Insights is a mission-driven, start-up technology company that is focused on improving health outcomes, lowering the cost of healthcare, and delivering a more seamless healthcare experience. At our core, we are passionate about advancing healthcare and improving people’s lives through technology.
With our deep expertise in cloud-enabled technologies and knowledge of the healthcare industry, we have built an innovative data integration and management platform that allows healthcare payers access to data that has been historically siloed and inaccessible. Through our platform, these health insurance payers can ingest and manage all the data they need to transform their business by supporting their analytical, operational, and financial needs.
Through this mission and passion to aid people and population health, we have built a highly successful SaaS business that is heavily funded (since our founding in 2017 we have over 18 million) by leading VC firms who have deep expertise in the healthcare and technology industries. At Abacus, we are solving problems of massive scale and complexity in an industry that is not only ripe for disruption but requires innovation. We see massive growth in our future and would love for you to be a part of it!
Our Platform Engineering team is looking to bring on an experienced Principal Software Engineer. If you are interested in being a guiding voice on a critical feature delivery team, this position is for you. The platform engineering team is responsible for delivering a seamless customer experience. This includes building microservices and external data best practices. You will be exposed to every area of our platform and AWS services (Serverless – Lambda, API GW, EKS – Kubernetes, etc.) but even more so, help drive the evolution of the product and team as we continue to grow rapidly. We believe heavily in architecture evolution and you will bring your experience on best practices as we build out new components of the platform.
- Optimizing data delivery, designing or re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, availability, and reliability.
- Become an expert in AWS and other cloud service providers (currently we deploy on AWS but who knows what the future holds)
- Help make the deployment process predictably predictable through proactive thinking, persistence, promoting best practices, and cross team collaboration with our technical and non-technical teams
- Consult on architecture to separate sensitive healthcare data among multiple customers in a multi-tenant environment
- Help deliver against our backlog for upcoming new features
- Mentor and work collaboratively with other team members both more and less experienced.
What you bring to the Abacus Team:
- 7+ years of Software Engineering Experience
- In-depth AWS knowledge, notably serverless (lambda, API GW, etc) and Kubernetes
- Experience with infrastructure automation using Terraform and GitLab CICD
- Have strong programming skills (Python, Java or other OOP languages)
- Experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience documenting so you don’t have to learn the same things over.
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
As a mission-led technology company that is helping to drive better healthcare outcomes, Abacus Insights believes that the best innovation and value we can bring to our customers comes from diverse ideas, thoughts, experiences, and perspectives. We are dedicated to building diverse teams, and as such provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. As well as prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.