- Managing and developing a high-performing team of C++ developers from entry level through senior technical leaders, including hiring, coaching, career development and performance management.
- Actively participating in a strategic cross-functional Leadership Team responsible for driving business outcomes, as a representative from Product Development.
- Providing thought leadership with the goal of being a best-in-class engineering team; facilitating continuous improvement in delivery speed, quality, value and applied innovation within a metrics-driven, fast-paced Agile environment.
- Partnering with the most senior developers on the team to provide technical and strategic direction, and support the care and feeding of our shared, cross-platform architecture and code base - with an eye toward maintainability, future extensibility, and the ability to rapidly iterate, aligned with the product and technology roadmaps.
- Being an agile practitioner, including promoting behaviors of self-organizing teams, valuing design thinking, continuous process improvement, and coaching on agile methodology and practices as needed.
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience.
- 5 or more years of experience developing, motivating, retaining and managing high-performance software development teams. Coaching, servant-leader and collaborative mindset.
- Proven track record of delivering innovative customer-facing solutions in a continuous delivery model and cross-functional agile environment.
- Results, customer and quality-oriented with strong organizational and software project leadership skills.
- Passionate and experienced at driving and enabling positive process change, in-product experimentation and iterative learning. Long-term thinker, able to align the team and broader organization on decisions, technical vision and innovative solutions.
- Past experience as a hands-on technical contributor, developing and delivering cross-platform production-quality desktop software written in C/C++ or equivalent. Solid understanding of test-driven development, design patterns, software frameworks, system architecture.
- Expert problem solver, strong analytical skills.
- Decisive, self-directed, detail-oriented, able to learn new technologies and work independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team player and able to work collaboratively with other Developers, QA, Product Managers, UX Designers, Sound Designers
You May Have:
- Agile or coaching certification (CSM, CTC, etc.)
- Exposure to or direct experience with real-time and offline digital signal processing (DSP) algorithms and technology
- Experience using and/or developing real-time audio and/or video performance and production software or hardware
- Experience developing and deploying services, web applications or cloud solutions using AWS
- Wellbeing- We provide Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, and Short Term/Long Term Disability
- Mental Health- Subscription to the Calm Meditation App and access to Virtual Online Therapy are available for all iZotopians
- Remote Equal- We offer remote flexibility for all our employees, no matter where they’re located. We’ll also have our US HQ in downtown Boston, so folks have a place to go if they want a space to collaborate with team members.Our employees receive monthly stipends to help with home office expenses as well as a WFH reimbursement for you to purchase any additional supplies
- Continuous learning- Tuition Assistance and Professional Development opportunities for those seeking to further their learning
- Flexible PTO- We offer a Flexible PTO plan along with Sick Days and 19 paid holidays throughout the year
- Parental Leave- 100% Paid Parental Leave with up to 12 weeks off for birth parents and 6 weeks for non-birth parents which can be taken consecutively or intermittently to fit what works best for a growing family's needs
- Employee Investment- We offer a 401k plan with employer match and annual market adjustments
- Complimentary Software- Access to iZotope software and complimentary passes to share with friends and family, and industry discounts