Sr. iOS SDK Engineer
POSITION SUMMARY: This position is responsible for iOS development in both Objective-C and Swift. The iOS Application Engineer will focus on apps for both the iPhone and iPad. The primary focus will be development of iOS applications and integrating with back-end REST API services.
- Design and build applications for the iOS platform;
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications;
- Collaborate with a team to define, design, and ship new features;
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs;
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent required;
- 5+ years of experience in mobile app development
- Proficient with Objective-C and Swift
- Experience with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, etc.
- Experience with offline storage, threading, performance tuning and blocks.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to back-end services. Firebase and AWS knowledge is a plus.
- Proficient in Git merging / branching / pull requests
- Understanding of Apple's design principles and interface guidelines
- Experience with performance and memory tuning with Instruments
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Familiarity with continuous integration (i.e. Jenkins, CircleCI)
- Able to review code and have your own code reviewed by others.
- Some Android knowledge is a plus
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS: Works in a team environment on cross-functional teams. Must be able to work with both business users and software developers. Works closely with internal departments and business users throughout the company as well as external customers.