Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Who We Are
The New Ventures Program is an innovation engine focused on the creation of new capabilities and new businesses at Toast. Our teams operate much like a seed-stage startup within Toast. And, like a startup, we expect to move fast and learn along the way.
About This Roll* (Responsibilities)
- Work closely with the leads to identify high-impact opportunities
- Plan, scope and rapidly prototype solutions using a combination of web technologies
- Make technical decisions and recommendations that will lay the foundation for the future of our strategy
- Stay in tune with customer needs by participating in user interviews and research
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Qualities & Essential Skills)
- 3+ years of experience developing web applications using JS frameworks such as React or Angular
- Familiarity implementing designs provided by high-fidelity UX mocks in Figma, Sketch, etc.
- Experience shipping and maintaining testable code bases
- Passionate about making users happy and seeing people use your product in the wild.
- Ability to embrace the agile mindset and understand that sometimes we need to ship features quickly and clean up the code later.
- Comfortable with testing methodologies and frameworks
- High standards and an eye for detail
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.