Sr. Drools Developer at Perficient
At Perficient you’ll deliver mission-critical technology and business solutions to Fortune 500 companies and some of the most recognized brands on the planet. And you’ll do it with cutting-edge technologies, thanks to our close partnerships with the world’s biggest vendors. Our network of offices across North America, as well as locations in India and China, will give you the opportunity to spread your wings, too.
We’re proud to be publicly recognized as a “Top Workplace” year after year. This is due, in no small part, to our entrepreneurial attitude and collaborative spirit that sets us apart and keeps our colleagues impassioned, driven, and fulfilled.
Perficient currently has a career opportunity for a Sr. Red Hat Decision Manager Developer for our nationwide Automation practice.
As a Lead Technical Consultant you will participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle which includes estimating, technical design, implementation, documentation, testing, deployment and support of application developed for our clients. As a member working in a team environment you will work with solution architects and developers on interpretation/translation of wireframes and creative designs into functional requirements, and subsequently into technical design.
- Lead the technical planning & requirements gathering phases including estimate, develop, test, manage projects, architect and deliver.
- Serve as a technical lead and mentor. Provide technical support or leadership in the development and continual improvement of service.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with team members.
- Demonstrate the ability to adapt and work with team members of various experience level.
- 5+ years developing Java based applications using JBoss Rules/Drools
- 2+ years managing large sets of business rules with Red Hat Decision Manager
- Experience with agile business rules development methodology
- Implement business rules for a container hosting platform
- Install & configure rules runtime containers for deployment
- Expose business rules as web services
- Design Java object model, Customize Vocabulary & DRL
- Rules authoring using technical rules, decision tables
- Design & development of rules execution using optimized algorithms , rules flows
- Develop & perform unit & integration testing
- Integrate rules with client application
- Experience with peformance testing & performance tuning of rules application & runtime containers
- Experience in Java, J2EE Design Patterns, Object-Oriented design.
- Experience with Java technologies like Hibernate, Spring Framework.
- Experience Service Oriented Design & implementing and consuming RESTful APIs, SOAP, WSDL, XSD, JSON, Web services and XML.-
- Experience with enterprise databases like Oracle, DB2 or Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience with UI framewroks (Angular/React/jQuery/Bootstrap) preferred
- Experience with other middleware vendors like WebSphere/Weblogic preferred.
Perficient full-time employees receive complete and competitive benefits. We offer a collaborative work environment, competitive compensation, generous work/life opportunities and an outstanding benefits package that includes paid time off plus holidays. In addition, all colleagues are eligible for a number of rewards and recognition programs including billable bonus opportunities. Encouraging a healthy work/life balance and providing our colleagues great benefits are just part of what makes Perficient a great place to work.
More About Perficient
Perficient is the leading digital transformation consulting firm serving Global 2000 and enterprise customers throughout North America. With unparalleled information technology, management consulting and creative capabilities, Perficient and its Perficient Digital agency deliver vision, execution and value with outstanding digital experience, business optimization and industry solutions.
Our work enables clients to improve productivity and competitiveness; grow and strengthen relationships with customers, suppliers and partners; and reduce costs. Perficient's professionals serve clients from a network of offices across North America and offshore locations in India and China. Traded on the Nasdaq Global Select Market, Perficient is a member of the Russell 2000 index and the S&P SmallCap 600 index.
Perficient is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national, origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Disclaimer: The above statements are not intended to be a complete statement of job content, rather to act as a guide to the essential functions performed by the employee assigned to this classification. Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time.