Sr. DevOps Engineer - Cloud Security at Abacus Insights
Abacus Insights is a mission-driven, start-up technology company that is focused on improving health outcomes, lowering the cost of healthcare, and delivering a more seamless healthcare experience. At our core, we are passionate about advancing healthcare and improving people’s lives through technology.
With our deep expertise in cloud-enabled technologies and knowledge of the healthcare industry, we have built an innovative data integration and management platform that allows healthcare payers access to data that has been historically siloed and inaccessible. Through our platform, these health insurance payers can ingest and manage all the data they need to transform their business by supporting their analytical, operational, and financial needs.
Through this mission and passion to aid people and population health, we have built a highly successful SaaS business that is heavily funded (since our founding in 2017 we have over 18 million) by leading VC firms who have deep expertise in the healthcare and technology industries. At Abacus, we are solving problems of massive scale and complexity in an industry that is not only ripe for disruption but requires innovation. We see massive growth in our future and would love for you to be a part of it!
At Abacus, cloud security is of paramount importance. We handle sensitive data, and we must take all applicable precautions to protect it. Working out of the DevOps team, the Principal Engineer in this role will have a wide range of responsibilities, all focused on driving the organization’s security implementation across our internal and customer deployments.
As a Sr. DevOps Cloud Security Engineer you will:
- Be the primary bridge between the security and engineering organizations.
- Work with stakeholders to design and implement systems that conform to our stated security posture.
- Put security features in place which reduce or eliminate the possibility of human error when handling customer environments.
- Enable testing efforts which prove our readiness for secure operation and disaster recovery.
- Level up Abacus Engineering by pushing security implementation to the left in the SDLC.
Just a little of what we hope you bring to the table:
- 8+ years of broad-base software or systems engineering experience
- 3+ years of experience working in the cloud, AWS Experience is preferred
- Direct experience implementing a compliance standard, HITRUST would be great
- Experience partnering and working closely with internal security and compliance teams
- Strong focus on code and automation
- An ability to predict threat vectors based on architectural and implementation details, and how to address those threats
- Aptitude for sharing your knowledge throughout the engineering organization to eliminate single points of failure in the SDLC from a security perspective
As a leader at Abacus in Security we are looking for someone to:
- Be able to articulate a vision within a problem space and execute on that vision
- Able to think proactively and roll changes out to the organization with minimal disruption
- Thoughtful about risk/reward analysis
- Clear and concise communication with internal and external stakeholders/partners
Equal Opportunity Employer:
As a mission-led technology company that is helping to drive better healthcare outcomes, Abacus Insights believes that the best innovation and value we can bring to our customers comes from diverse ideas, thoughts, experiences, and perspectives. We are dedicated to building diverse teams, and as such provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. As well as prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.