Sr. Cloud Security Engineer
We’re not your traditional tech company and we don’t aim to be. Going against the grain is in our DNA. Building a revolutionary product begins with revolutionary thinking. That’s why we value diversity background and lived experience. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Are you bready* for a change?
We’re looking for a senior engineer to join our rapidly growing security team. In this role, you’ll help our engineering organization to identify, triage, and remediate security issues. You’ll also work in tandem with our engineering teams to think about and act on security challenges through all phases of software development, and to help us design and build new features to enhance the security of the Toast platform. The Toast security operations center (SOC) is focused on building capabilities to monitor, detect, and respond across our environment. As a senior member you’ll be a major contributor to helping build the SOC and contribute to our vision. We are focused on an aspect of security that’s in its infancy by operationalizing cloud, application and mobile device security. These are the attack surfaces you would tackle with a welcomed creative approach. The ideal candidate is someone that can under take the “mindset of an attacker” and apply it to defense. You would be the SOC’s cloud security resource and lead engineering efforts to bolster our security posture. You are someone who stays abreast with emerging threats, embraces the security community, and seeks to contribute to it. We love security innovators who are always thinking about new and interesting solutions to keep pace with ever changing security landscape.
About this roll*:
- Manage SOC infrastructure e.g., malware protection, web layer protection, firewalls, patching and data leakage protection
- Leverage programming languages to solve problems and automate solutions to security findings
- Contribute to threat modeling activities bonus points if you can apply traditional modeling to application and AWS
- Foster a security mindset with our development and DevOps teams by working with security champions
- Manage data flow and integrations with Firewalls, AWS CloudTrail, Linux syslogs, apps, HIDS, FIM, AV, etc
- Performing security design on cloud resident systems and services including requirements gathering
- Manage Scanners: (Code, Application, Database, Network, Host, etc.) to provide holistic insight and enable compliance of our platform
- Survey, review and develop recommendations for encryption key management Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Participating in the incident response process
- Collaborate with DevOps team in developing technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security risks and vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks.
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- Expertise in container and DevOps technologies such as Kubernetes, Jenkins, Docker, and OpenShift.
- Working knowledge of platforms such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, and SaltStack
- Strong knowledge of threats and vulnerabilities associated with application and network security in a cloud environment (AWS)
- Strong understanding of Amazon Web Services(AWS) cloud application architecture & microservices
- Hands on experience with container security platforms such as TwistLock, Aqua, sysdig, stackrox, etc.
- Strong knowledge of the principles of implementation and operation and experience with security technology such as firewalls, multi-level security implementation, security assessment, monitoring and profiles tools (e.g. IDS/IPS, SEIM, AV,, etc.)
- Understanding of Red team/Blue team activities
- Familiarity with Mitre Att&ck Framework
- Familiar with mobile application threats (iOS, Android). Nice to have but not required.
- Familiar with containerization and orchestration technologies (Docker highly preferred)
- Experience leveraging programming languages to solve problems and automate solutions to free SOC team members cycles
- Interest in tackling security threats and contribution to the SOC build-out
- Experience with programming languages (Java & Python). You don’t need to be a developer but if you can contribute to building custom tools and communicate with our application security team, bonus points.
*Bread puns encouraged but not required