Abacus Insights is a mission-driven, growth-stage technology company focused on transforming the healthcare payer industry, ultimately creating a more personalized patient experience, improving health outcomes, and lowering the overall cost of healthcare. Abacus Insights provides a flexible, efficient, and secure platform that organizes and exchanges healthcare data from various sources and formats, allowing our customers to uncover differentiated insights that address their clients' needs. Our employees know that they play an active role in keeping our customers' data safe and are responsible for ensuring that our comprehensive policies and practices are met.
With our deep expertise in cloud-enabled technologies and knowledge of the healthcare industry, we have built an innovative data integration and management platform that allows healthcare payers access to data that has been historically siloed and inaccessible. Through our platform, these health insurance payers can ingest and manage all the data they need to transform their business by supporting analytical, operational, and financial needs.
Since our founding in 2017, Abacus has built a highly successful SaaS business, raising more than $53 Million by leading VC firms who have deep expertise in the healthcare and technology industries. We are solving problems of massive scale and complexity in an industry that is ready for disruption. We're growing quickly and would love for you to be a part of it!
About the role:
Our Engineering team is looking to bring on an experienced Senior Cloud Network Engineer. If you are interested in building and delivering a cloud-based, highly secured, and highly resilient networking infrastructure, this is the position for you. You will be exposed to every area of our platform as well as our corporate networking infrastructure, but even more so, help drive the evolution of it including automation, monitoring, and ongoing support of it. We believe heavily in designing infrastructure with scalability, automation, and security at the forefront.
- Manage, monitor, and optimize production infrastructure within AWS including native AWS services such as VPC, Transit Gateway, and EC2-related networking configurations as well as enterprise-grade virtual firewall infrastructure (Palo Alto)
- Respond to network connectivity issues and resolve any wireless communication or client VPC issues
- Develop expertise in cloud-native networking and cloud-based virtual firewall platforms such as Palo Alto VM-series firewalls to enhance the resiliency and scalability of the current infrastructure
- Work with the engineering team to enhance automation that can be used within the CI/CD pipeline to enhance deployment efficiency for solutions using a centralized network fabric
- Consult on network architecture to transmit and secure sensitive healthcare data among multiple customers for multiple projects within a multi-tenant environment
- Build, manage, and monitor site-to-site VPN tunnels between Abacus and its customers
- Mentor and work collaboratively with other team members both more and less experienced in networking and fire-walling
- Work closely with the Abacus Security team to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of sensitive customer data
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of Network Engineering Experience
- In-depth AWS knowledge, notably core AWS networking services and basic routing protocols
- Experience with firewall management including in-depth firewall management, VPN, and firewall-based security tools such as IPS, anti-malware, and threat detection
- Experience with DNS (most notable AWS Route 53 and Azure DNS)
- Experience working with infrastructure automation platforms such as Terraform or Cloudformation
- Experience monitoring network infrastructure to identify and solve problems before they arise
- Experience performing root cause analysis to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement of the
- infrastructure and other tools
- Strong troubleshooting skills to identify network latency or configuration issues
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
Equal Opportunity Employer
As a mission-led technology company that is helping to drive better healthcare outcomes, Abacus Insights believes that the best innovation and value we can bring to our customers comes from diverse ideas, thoughts, experiences, and perspectives. We are dedicated to building diverse teams and providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants. Abacus prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type in regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.