Sr Backend SDE at Grubhub (Greater Boston Area, MA)
We're all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. User-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart in the world of online food ordering. Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you're looking for a place that values relationships, embraces diverse ideas-all while having fun together-then Grubhub is the place for you!
As a Senior Software Engineer reporting to the Engineering Manager on a team of 10, you will build and maintain the services responsible for streamlining restaurant POS order processing, location onboarding, and menu management. You will have an impactful contribution.
The Impact You Will Make
- Aid an existing team transitioning from Ruby to Python using AWS Lambda.
- Implement features & processes to ensure our platform's stability and support the team's engineering goals.
- Implement & enhance our features to help import restaurant data.
- Collaborate with leadership, product owners, and technology staff to deliver new functionality and contribute to the use of software architecture, development best practices, and new technologies.
What You Bring to the Table
- 5+ years experience building scalable, consumer-facing applications
- Python experience mandatory
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Programming, or Engineering related field
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies, AWS Lambda, Ruby or Java, and containerized environments
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO/PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k matching, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Compensation. You'll receive a great compensation package with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission, or RSUs (role-specific).
- Free Meals. Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Social Impact. We believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund, and provide our employees opportunities to support causes that are important to them.
Grubhub employees are required to be fully vaccinated. You must confirm vaccination status at time of hire, and must provide proof of full-Covid-19 vaccination within 2 weeks of starting employment. Fully vaccinated is defined as: "2 weeks have passed since your second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson's vaccine.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you're applying for a job in the U.S. and need an accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email [email protected]