Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
As a Sr. Application Security Consultant for CA Veracode, a Division of CA Technologies, you will act as a subject matter expert in application security and provide consultative services to CA Veracode customers.
Introduce customers and prospects to the use of Veracode services acting as Subject Matter Expert on Veracode solutions purchased.
Interact with a variety of customer personnel, including software developers up to security executives.
Primary tasks will include coaching/training developers and security teams on how to address/fix security issues detected within their product’s code by purchased CA Veracode solutions.
Share application security best practices with client developers and provide training when requested. Demystifying security vocabulary for client developers/teams where needed.
Review and render dispositions on Client’s Security Mitigation Proposals. Make recommendations as to whether their proposals will conform and address relevant security issues or propose further changes needed in their plans. Work with the Veracode product strategy team to file and track customer enhancement requests.
Participate in sales meetings as needed.
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of recent software development experience.
- Understanding of Application-level security and secure coding practices.
- Hands-on experience with common IDE’s: Eclipse and/or Visual Studio.
- Client requirement gathering, prioritization and scoping experience.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Strong oral communication skills and good presentation/teaching skills. Resource must be a strong Collaborator.
- Familiarity with as many of the following standards as possible: CVSS, CWE, OWASP, WASC and SANS-25
- Experience with source code analysis and interactive application security testing products.
- Understanding of common risk mitigation practices and technologies such as firewalls, ACLs and multi-factor access controls.
- IntelliJ, Visual Studio, Bugzilla or Jira, Hudson, Jenkins, TFS or Cruise Control
- Archer, SAML/SSO, VMware Databases, Command Shell scripting
More About Working at CA:
CA has earned scores of Workplace Excellence awards in the last few years – and there’s a reason for that. Here you’ll have the opportunity to eliminate barriers for our customers and earn a competitive compensation and total rewards package – all while pushing the boundaries of what’s possible by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short, CA’s fun, diverse, and fast-paced culture has put us on the map as one of the best employers in Information Technology.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.