NewStore operates a platform for retailers to run their stores on iPhone. It provides Omnichannel-as-a-Service with the only integrated cloud OMS and mobile POS. Intuitive store associate apps allow retailers to offer seamless shopping experiences through endless aisle, mobile checkout, store fulfillment, real-time inventory and clienteling. With an API-first architecture and an expansive ecosystem of partners, retailers can deploy fast and flexible omnichannel with ease. Brands that run on the NewStore platform include Decathlon, Outdoor Voices, UNTUCKit and more. NewStore was founded by Stephan Schambach, who pioneered e-commerce at Demandware (now Salesforce Commerce Cloud). The company has offices in Berlin, Boston and New York. Learn more at www.newstore.com. About NewStoreYour Role
NewStore is looking for a Solution Engineer to join our Professional Services team. You will be involved from the project discovery throughout execution of the project involving both solution partners and clients. As our ideal candidate you will have a strong background as a developer and an interest in interfacing with clients and advising project engineering teams of our solution partners. You will work closely with internal teams, including product management and engineering.
You will be working in a versatile, dynamic work environment and help to build stable and scalable software based on NewStore that fulfills the business needs of our clients. To achieve this you will be an expert on how to leverage NewStore core functionality and how to implement customizations as needed. Ideally, you step up over time to become a Solution Architect.
The position reports to the Director Professional Services. The preferred place of work is Boston, MA, Seattle, WA or Dallas, TX.Responsibilities:
- Work with clients and the internal delivery team to understand and verify business requirements and architect complex solutions leveraging NewStore Cloud platform and AWS capabilities, existing eCommerce, POS, Order Management, Fulfillment, and ERP systems
- Recommend solutions with an eye to future scalability, performance, maintenance and usage
- Implement, test, debug and continuously improve software solutions running in cloud environments
- Educate and guide decisions made by solution partners and customer technical team, as well as lead by example or implement mission critical functionality where necessary
- Achieve customer objectives within time and scope, without sacrificing architectural integrity
- 5 or more years experience in professional software development
- Relevant experience within several of the following subject areas is a must:
- Order Management & Fulfillment business processes (including shipping, invoicing, reverse logistics, payments), CRM, ERP, Financial systems integration, mobile applications and e-commerce
- In-store Retail systems and processes (mPOS, endless aisle, payment)
- SaaS, including cloud architecture and infrastructure, and a desired six (6) years of relevant architecture experience
- Strong programming skills in
- Agile methodology, use case refinement and estimation, using tools like Jira, Confluence
- Experience with Test Automation and Test Automation Frameworks
- Strong analytical, empirical troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Ability to advise engineers in technical questions and best practices regarding our product
- Strong English language written and verbal communication skills, German a plus
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401(k)
- Personal development budget
- Opportunity to travel to other offices
- Flexible working hours
- Generous paid time off policy
NewStore is an award-winning cloud platform built to accelerate end-to-end omnichannel for brands and retailers. With pre-built connectors into major commerce platforms and intuitive apps for store employees, NewStore delivers the highly personalized and frictionless shopping experience demanded by today’s mobile-first consumers. Retailers have the freedom to choose their own path, beginning with clienteling, endless aisle, mobile point of sale, or omnichannel fulfillment. NewStore was founded by Stephan Schambach, who previously invented the first standard software for online shopping and founded Demandware (now Salesforce Commerce Cloud). The company is located in Boston, New York, and Berlin.
Everyone is welcome here 🤗
At NewStore, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We know that diverse teams make better teams. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
Questions? We'd love to hear from you!