Solution Architect at Klaviyo
Klaviyo has a unique take on the Solution Architect role. While most companies hire SAs to give demos, fill out questionnaires, and explain complicated setups, that makes us yawn. We built a product that anyone can use (just ask our more than 40,000 customers) and we have smart sales reps and customer success colleagues who are true product experts.
So what do we do? We work directly with a small percentage of prospective and existing customers, alongside our sales & customer success teams, as customer-facing engineers to accelerate complex deals and customer value. We use these engagements as an opportunity to learn, prototype, and ship meaningful improvements to the Klaviyo experience. We look for interesting problems and aim for solutions that are extensible and reusable.
A few things our team has recently built as part of sales and customer engagements include: new productized integrations; modular ETL packages; a library of custom functions for importing data via API into Google Sheets; demo environments that continuously receive data in real-time; and an internal app to organize competitive intelligence. In short, we are problem-solvers and builders. We believe easy things should be easy and hard things should be possible.
If you’re an entrepreneurial engineer that gets excited by imagining new features, prototyping solutions, and incubating new technologies - all within the context of actual customer engagements - this could be for you. What you’ll get in return is the opportunity to be part of an extremely high-performing, strategically-important team that works at the exciting intersection of engineering, sales, and customer success.
How You’ll Make a Difference:
- Become a complete expert in the Klaviyo app, from understanding the data pipelines and code base of our integrations to understanding technical tradeoffs between different implementations.
- Solve problems manually first and then either automate future solutions and/or collaborate with Product and Engineering to proactively improve the Klaviyo product and customer experience over time.
- Be the go-to internal technical resource, educating team members as well as prospects/customers to provide a consistently positive Klaviyo experience.
- Develop and maintain personal relationships during engagements across many different customers simultaneously.
- Act with urgency and precision to give users best in class support in troubleshooting issues as they arise.
- Effectively balance a range of core functions in support of constantly striving to help increase the output and efficiency of Klaviyo.
Who You Are:
- Applied experience with a web app development framework (e.g. React, Node, Angular, Vue, etc.) and/or with a general-purpose programming language (e.g. Python, Ruby, PHP, etc.).
- Proven ability to learn new programming languages and technical concepts.
- Highly analytical thought process and are an excellent communicator with the capability to persuade technical stakeholders.
- An interest in - and ability to - hustle in a fast-paced environment. Someone who makes and meets commitments.
Get to know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses using the channels they own like email, web and mobile. Enabling brands to leverage these owned marketing channels, Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company’s hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct, high-fidelity relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to Facebook or Amazon. In 2020, Klaviyo reached coveted unicorn status with a robust Series C of $200m at $4.15B valuation. Innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo does not tolerate and prohibits discrimination, harassment or retaliation of or against job applicants, contractors, interns, volunteers or employees by another employee, supervisor, vendor, customer or any third party.