As an established software technology vendor, InterSystems Corporation is committed to making its customers successful by providing a robust and scalable data platform serving business-critical applications in healthcare, finance, etc. Next to persistence, interoperability and Open Analytics capabilities, the InterSystems IRIS Data Platform also offers freedom of choice in terms of programming languages and framework stacks, which supports a broad variety of use cases through embedded technologies, industry standard support and language bindings that complement the platform.
InterSystems is looking for a Supply Chain Solution Engineer to form a team that will be supporting our sales teams around the globe in this broad and complex domain, advising them on how to use InterSystems’ product capabilities effectively as well as recommend appropriate complementary third-party tools to implement Industry use cases required by our prospects and customers.
One of the main job responsibilities is to stay in touch with the Supply Chain sales, marketing and product management teams, and use her/his knowledge to help a team to design proposed reference architecture solutions for customers. Also, to support and build demos of applications that mix InterSystems IRIS capabilities (database, integration, analytics, etc.) with other technologies (Java, Node, Python, etc.), and applications from customers.
The second most important aspect of this job is to share his/her experience with using InterSystems IRIS with others. Presentation and writing skills are important.
- Support the development of easy to use solution demos that combine InterSystems technology and other technologies and frameworks to support our sales teams on presenting the full spectrum of what is possible with our technology. These demos must be supported by videos, blog posts, white papers and documentation for our sales teams, partners and customers.
- Work with members of his/her team and the respective product management teams to understand, apply and document best practices and support the creation of prescriptive architectures and samples for solutions built with InterSystems technologies that are based on specific programming languages and framework stacks.
- Establish technical credibility internally and externally by publishing videos, white papers, blog posts and articles about the reference architectures, solutions and use cases.
- He/she will be helping us to understand supply chain industry use cases and combine the right set of technologies with InterSystems IRIS to build a demo/solution/framework that exemplify how these problems could be addressed. All of that must be built following DevOps best practices.
- He/she will be constantly learning about different use cases for the supply chain industry, as well as new technologies to get this done, and as he/she does it, he/she will be invited to write about it on Blog Posts, white papers or even to present on public events.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Bachelor's degree, with a major in Computer Science or similar
- 5+ years of progressive experience in the software market
- 3+ years of experience acting as a solution architect for a consultancy or a software company, preferably within the supply chain industry, designing and executing IT Cloud solutions
- 3+ years of experience in the supply chain market is a plus
- 3+ years of experience deploying applications with AWS and Azure
- Excellent software development and Data Base skills in order to successfully design and implement applications. Knowledge of Java, Python, Jupyter and other ML/AI sw, Spark, HTML; xslt, xpath and xquery; JSON/REST ; rdbms, columnar, document or other databases
- Strong experience with API Management and Interoperability technologies;
- Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with Azure and AWS.
- Strong analytical abilities and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills to interface with colleagues
InterSystems is the engine behind the world’s most important applications. In healthcare, business, government, and other sectors where lives and livelihoods are at stake, InterSystems is the power behind what matters™. Founded in 1978, InterSystems is a privately held company headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts (USA), with offices worldwide, and its software products are used daily by millions of people in more than 80 countries. For more information, visit InterSystems.com.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and do not discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. InterSystems is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.