Who We Are – MassMutual
At MassMutual, we help millions of people find financial freedom, offer financial protection, and plan for the future. We’re passionate about helping millions of people find financial freedom and this passion has driven our approach to developing meaningful experiences for our customers. We do this by building trust with our customers by being knowledgeable problem solvers and prioritize their needs above all else. We Live Mutual. MassMutual was named a Top Place to Work in 2019 according to The Boston Globe and No. 84 on the Fortune 500 list of largest companies.
Are you a creative thinker and strong problem solver? Would you describe yourself as someone who is constantly analyzing every change for its risk and what its impact could be down the road, not just today. Are you passionate about technical leadership and solution design? If yes … keep reading, this opportunity is for you!
Meet the Team – Site Reliability Engineering
It is an exciting time at MassMutual! MassMutual is going through a Digital Transformation, continuing to be a leading customer-centric company. The Site Reliability Engineering team is comprised of highly skilled problem solvers who are motivated to create innovative solutions that exceed the changing needs of our customers and move MassMutual – and the industry – forward! The team culture is collaborative, cross-functional, and uses old and new technologies combined with the work/life balance.
Do you want to be part of a team that encourages your growth, supports your ambitions and makes it a priority for you to reach your goals? Is helping people part of who you are? At MassMutual, we help millions of people find financial freedom, offer financial protection and plan for the future. We do this by building trust with our customers by being knowledgeable problem solvers and prioritize their needs above all else. We Live Mutual.
If this sounds like a fit, we’re looking to hire a Director of Cloud Operations to join our Site Reliability Engineering team.
Why we need you.
We’re growing and our clients deserve the best. As a Solutions Architect you will have an opportunity to drive technical design within a team who is supporting all aspects of MassMutual’s delivery and operational efforts within MassMutual’s Cloud Environments.
In this role, as well as all roles within MassMutual, you will demonstrate accountability, agility, a dedication to be inclusive, a strong business acumen, and will show courage, even in the most difficult situations. We also highly value strong communication skills, a passion for learning, leadership traits, resilience and self-awareness.
Site Reliability Engineering Solution Architecture, design and estimation
- Engaging with internal customers to understand Application Design and relevant Cloud Infrastructure and deployment needs: Focus on scalability, security and reliability in solution design.
- Create and Design templates, tools and accelerators for deployment/infrastructure for development teams
- Architectural responsibility for choosing correct contemporary architectural patterns for solving business problems
- Plan technical design including non- functional requirements: Security, performance, deployment frequency, scalability, monitoring etc.
- Accountable for Architecture Snapshot, Solution Design, Prototyping (where applicable), design and code reviews, non-functional support.
- Drive modern technical solutions utilizing our current technology stack such as AWS, Azure Kubernetes, Jenkins, Terraform.
- Work collaboratively across the multiple teams to recommend solutions, resolve delivery challenges and technical issues.
- Actively participate in technology evaluations, designs and reviews
Site Reliability Engineering Strategy
- Passion for staying up to date of new and emerging technologies, providing technical strategy & direction while offering creation solutions
- Problem solving mindset to remove roadblocks and technical challenges
- Partner with Enterprise Architecture to define strategies, architecture, tools, technology and processes
- Regular involvement solving difficult technical issues while participating in resolution both short and long term
- Driven desire to mentor junior team members and set appropriate team culture
- Foster a fail fast development culture with a focus on problem solving and learning
- Experience driving solutions for a broad Cloud portfolio focusing on core SRE/ DevSecOps principles
Skills & Experience
- Clear understanding of Cloud Operations and Site Reliability Engineering
- Agile/DevOps mindset to empower organizational change
- Deep understand of Infrastructure on premise as well as in the Cloud with a focus on AWS and Azure
- Experience developing containerized solutions with Kubernetes and Swarm
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to create and present concwepts and recommendations to Senior Leadership
- Knowledge of architecture and application design patterns
- Big picture strategic thinking looking at long term sustainability, innovative mindset
- Ability to work in a rapid and iterative development environment.
- Proven ability to work independently as well as with globally distributed teams
- Deep understanding of Infrastructure as Code
- 10 + years hands on development experience in infrastructure design
- 5 + years of Cloud based development
- Deep understanding of the SDLC lifecycle
- AWS or Azure Architect certification (both preferred)
- Hands on experience designing containerized solutions using Swarm and Kubernetes
- Experience working with Cloud Operations and designing automated solutions to manual tasks
- 3+ Years working with Site Reliability Engineering or DevOps teams