Markforged is reinventing manufacturing with the most affordable 3D metal and carbon fiber printers capable of producing parts strong enough for the factory floor. Engineers, designers, and manufacturing professionals all over the world rely on Markforged metal and composite printers for tooling, fixtures, functional prototyping, and high-value end-use production and optimizing their manufacturing and supply chains. Founded in 2013 and based in Watertown, MA, Markforged has about 250 employees globally, with $137 million in both strategic and venture capital. Markforged’s vision is a world in which you build anything you imagine. Markforged was recently recognized by Forbes in the Next Billion-Dollar Startups list and listed as the fastest-growing 3D printing company in the US in the 2019 Deloitte Fast 500. To learn more about Markforged, please visit https://markforged.com.
Powering our 3D printing platforms is our cutting-edge Eiger software. As Markforged continues to grow its enterprise software offerings, we are expanding our Application Engineering team to include a Software Sales Engineer, tasked with providing software pre-sales support in complex sales cycles and strategic partnerships. The Solutions Consultant will serve as a subject-matter expert on all things software; support sales opportunities as the primary software technical resource; build Proof of Concept demo environments to prove integrations into other software packages for our customers and partners; and consult with customers and partners on API documentation and implementation. For those who are technically-inclined, enjoy solving a variety of complex problems for customers, and thrive in a sales setting, our team could be a great fit for you.
In this role you will:
- Serve as the lead software technical pre-sales resource for customers and partners, determining solutions for how Markforged software will fit into their environments and infrastructure
- Function as the team technical subject-matter expert on Markforged’s SaaS platform, APIs, infrastructure, security and integrations
- Lead customer-facing technical demonstrations & presentations, as well as support creation of technical demand generation content (blog posts, webinars, whitepapers)
- Enable customers and prospects to understand the features and functions exposed via Markforged’s API.
- Develop sample code, Proofs of Concept, demo environments and other sample implementations of Markforged’s API to demonstrate use and best practices to customers and partners
- Deliver guidance and feedback to product and software teams on the development of software features, APIs and integrations to meet customer needs
- Lead response of enterprise-level RFPs, security questionnaires, and other technical proposals
What we look for:
- 4+ years of experience as a software sales engineer, solution consultant, solution architect, or equivalent technical pre-sales role, within a SaaS or Enterprise software.
- Demonstrated experience presenting to a wide customer audience, ranging from C-Level to Information Systems & Software Engineering teams.
- Solution-focused - Able to understand varied customer & prospect software / information system environments, and propose the best path forward.
- Knowledgeable in the development and consumption of SOAP / REST web services
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills
Help us reinvent manufacturing.
We are reinventing manufacturing so that engineers can build anything they imagine.
We are one team that wins together!
You will be engaging every day with passionate and dedicated individuals in a collaborative environment working towards making best-in-class products.
Perks & Benefits
We offer a competitive compensation package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits, open PTO policy, and more. Our work environment includes casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free parking, weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks. You will have unlimited access to our 3D printers for professional and personal parts!
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description