Software Quality Engineer
Carbon Black is seeking smart, energetic, and technically curious engineers to join our team and help us deliver high quality, cloud based endpoint protection for macOS!
The ideal quality engineer will possess deep technical testing/debugging skills and experience on large distributed endpoint security systems with OS level components. Highly technical exploratory testing is key to the quality and success of our products, and your testing skills will be in high demand as we move our products forward with improvements in both features and efficacy. You will also have the opportunity to be an integral part of the identification, investigation and resolution of bugs discovered in our product source code during testing. You will have the opportunity to partner with and learn from teams of excellent automation engineers and developers, improving the system quality and coverage. If you are the kind of quality engineer that wants to grow technically while making a meaningful contribution to cutting edge software that does some good in the world, join Carbon Black!
What You’ll Do
- Design, implement, and execute exploratory tests for a cutting edge cybersecurity product
- Improve and maintain the current test bed, working closely with developers to develop effective test strategies
- Provide guidance to automation engineers on what manual test cases may be automated and help to push that automation effort forward
- Investigate, diagnose and report the bugs you discover
What You'll Bring
- 3-5 years of experience with manual testing on a highly technical distributed product with networking components as well as system level components (experience with security software a plus)
- A solid understanding and track record with industry standards and best practices in exploratory (manual) testing, including test case design and development; and bug diagnosis, reporting, and tracking
- Demonstrable technical test/debugging skills with solid experience adopting and effectively using new tools and technologies
- macOS and/or Linux knowledge, and experience (including macOS and/or Linux command line)