Software Engineering Manager at Nuance
Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Check out our team Life at Nuance!
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
Lead a team of developers, QA, and other stakeholders in the design and development of new features in the industry leading PowerScribe platform for radiology reporting. Streamline workflows for medical staff that rely on PowerScribe to produce comprehensive clinical documentation. The candidate will be self-motivated and work on multiple deliverables with dynamic schedules in an agile software development process.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage a team of software engineers operating within the Scrum framework, including day-to-day assignments and workloads to meet release schedules
- Train, motivate, and grow team members
- Lead technical discussions, be a subject matter expert, and have strategic influence
- Communicate cross-functionally across various teams and stakeholders to drive engineering efforts
- Take responsibility for the overall planning, execution, and success of complex technical projects
- Contribute technically to projects via architecture, design, hands-on implementation, and code reviews
- Remove team impediments and respond to development and QA questions
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications
- Education: B.S. in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related degree
- Years of experience: 2+ years of hands-on technical leadership and people management experience of teams with at least 5 direct reports
- Strong process and project management skills
- Demonstrated experience multi-tasking in a dynamic environment on multiple software development projects
- Strong experience with the Microsoft .NET framework and C# programming language
- Experience with large distributed systems
- Experience with Scrum methodology and Agile software development process
- Extensive experience with full SDLC
- Experience taking a lead role in architecting, designing, and building complex software systems
- Comfortable being part of a geographically dispersed team in multiple time zones
- Excellent English communication skills (written, oral, listening)
- Excellent organization and planning skills
- Excellent technical, analytical, debugging, and problem-solving skills
- Experience working with offshore development teams
- Experience with cloud-based deployments (Azure a big plus)
- Database design and programming using SQL Server
- Experience with ASP.NET Core
- Experience with RESTful APIs and JSON
- Experience with Telerik UI a plus
- Familiarity with Atlassian toolset (JIRA, Confluence) a plus
- Knowledge of Healthcare Information Systems and standards a plus
- Experience with Speech Recognition Software a plus
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.