Software Engineering Manager at Nuance
Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Check out our team Life at Nuance!
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
As an Experienced Engineering Manager on Nuance Healthcare’s Research and Development team you will be leading the charge to deliver Nuance’s Healthcare solutions in the public cloud as well as customer environment. The Software Engineering Manager will be responsible for designing the architecture, building the software, deploying, and scaling Solutions. You are deeply interested in product design and innovate. You will be responsible in hiring and leading a team of Software engineers responsible for building high performing application and interact with large scan distributed system.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Train, motivate, and grow team members.
- Hold your own in technical discussions, be a subject matter expert, and have strategic influence.
- Communicate cross-functionally across various teams, organizations and internal and external stakeholders to drive engineering efforts.
- Manage a team of software engineers, including day-to-day assignments and workloads to meet release schedules.
- Take responsibility for the overall planning, execution and success of complex technical projects.
- Contribute technically to projects via architecture, design, and hands-on implementation, code reviews in this role you may code up to 25% of your time.
- Creative problem-solving ability, allowing the individual to identify solid solutions to challenging business issues.
- Strong process and project management skills, allowing focus and successful multi-tasking in a dynamic environment on multiple software development projects (demonstrated abilities) .
- Work collaboratively with team members and cross-functional team to perform impact analysis and root cause analysis; remove team impediments and respond to development/QA questions.
- Perform other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skill, Qualification:
- Education: B.S. in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science or relevant work experience
- Years of Experience: 2+ years of hands-on technical leadership and people management experience of teams with at least 5 direct reports
- You recognize the value of performance, reliability, and scalability of systems
- Anticipate technical issues and make architectural and design decisions to avoid them.
- Experience with SCRUM methodology for agile software development required
- Extensive experience with full-lifecycle development (i.e. design, coding, testing, debugging, etc.).
- Experience taking a lead role in architecting, designing, and building complex software systems.
- Strong experience with the ASP.NET MVC stack
- Experience with distributed systems, C#, ASP.NET, REST and SQL programming.
- Experience with Azure Cloud
- Experience with Angular and ReactJS
- Experience with HTML5, CSS3 and responsive UI design.
- Experience with container development with Docker
- Experience developing or working with web services (REST and Web API preferred)
- Experience with test driven development (TDD), dependency injection (DI) and mocking frameworks.
- Experience working with off shore development teams
- Experience with healthcare data and systems
- Experience with IHE and HL7 FHIR standards a plus
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.