Software Engineering Manager at iZotope
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing and developing a high-performing team of C++ developers from entry level through senior, including hiring, coaching, career development and performance management.
- Engineering Release Manager responsibilities for one or more product releases from concept to customer ship within a fast-paced Agile environment.
- Providing technical and strategic direction, and supporting the care and feeding of our shared, cross-platform architecture and code base, with an eye toward maintainability, future extensibility and the ability to rapidly iterate.
- Being an agile practitioner, including promoting behaviors of self-organizing teams, valuing design thinking, continuous process improvement and coaching on agile methodology and practices as needed.
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent. MS degree a plus.
- 5 or more years of experience developing, motivating, retaining and managing high-performance software development teams. Coaching, servant-leader and collaborative mindset.
- 3 or more years managing cross-functional agile software projects. Agile or coaching certification (CSM, CTC, etc.) desired.
- Experience developing and delivering cross-platform production-quality desktop software written in C/C++
- Exceptional software engineering and architecture skills designs for quality, expert problem solver, strong analytical skills. Solid understanding of design patterns, software frameworks, performance optimization, test automation and test-driven development
- Results, customer and quality-oriented with strong organizational and software project leadership skills
- Passionate and experienced at driving and enabling positive process change. Long-term thinker and able to set and align the team and broader organization on decisions, technical vision and innovative solutions.
- Decisive, self-directed, detail-oriented, able to learn new technologies and work independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team player and able to work collaboratively with other Developers, QA, Product Managers, UX Designers, Sound Designers
- Experience developing and deploying services, web applications or cloud solutions with a continuous delivery mindset a plus
- Experience with building and architecting on AWS a plus
- Exposure to or direct experience with real-time and offline digital signal processing (DSP) algorithms and technology
- Experience using and/or developing real-time audio and/or video performance and production software or hardware