Software Engineering Manager at Piaggio Fast Forward
Imagine a sustainable mobility ecology with healthy lifestyles and social connectivity available to all, regardless of age or abilities. With the motto Autonomy for Humans, Piaggio Fast Forward (PFF) creates lightweight, intelligent mobility solutions for people and goods that will create this mobility ecology.
PFF is hiring a passionate and experienced Software Engineering Manager to join our engineering team. In this role you will grow the team through hiring and mentoring, work with stakeholders, and help to push our technology forward. As an expert in managing embedded to cloud product deliveries, you strive to continually improve our code and our process ensuring that we can deliver the best capabilities to end customers in the minimal amount of time.
- Grow and lead a team of software engineers collaborating on product and technology projects across PFF software stack (Embedded Linux, C/C++ Applications, Mobile Applications, Cloud deployment).
- Coach and develop leadership skills of direct reports.
- Own engineering delivery and participate in all aspect of product development from feature definition and estimation to architecture, design, implementation, test, deployment and monitoring.
- Develop task, and communicate progress and risks to technology roadmap, maintaining alignment with product roadmap to support stakeholders.
- Work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities.
- MS/BS Degree in EE/CS or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years managing an engineering team(s) (embedded/cloud/IoT).
- 5+ years of hands-on software engineering experience.
- A passion for mentoring engineers.
- Experience with Embedded Linux System, C/C++, Python.
- Experience with ARM based SoC.
- Ability to read schematics and use common lab equipment (Oscilloscope, Logic Analyzer) for troubleshooting hardware.
- Experience with Communication protocols (BLE, Wi-Fi).
- Ability to understand complex distributed system/application concepts to drive the adoption of new technology and trends.
- Experience in Public Cloud for IoT (ideally AWS etc.).
- Successful applicants will be asked so show proof that they can legally work in the U.S.