Software Engineering Manager
Vestmark is looking for a Software Engineering Manager with a combined passion for leadership and technology to join our rapidly growing Scrum organization! Your energy, enthusiasm and technical curiosity, combined with your appreciation and support of our core values, will be leveraged to help us build the next generation of our wealth management applications. Our employees are our most valuable assets, and the reason we’ve been named Best Places to Work by Boston Business Journal three years in a row.
- Serve as a leader for 10+ members of the engineering team
- Contribute to the hiring team for various engineering positions
- Develop staffing, training and goal plans for each team member and track progress against plans and guide to successful completion
- Manage performance evaluations, coverage scheduling and other administrative personnel functions
- Spearhead various research and development initiatives to identify opportunities for new projects and improved processes
- Collaborate with management and scrum masters to obtain employee feedback
- Collaborate in an open-concept environment working across agile scrum teams
- Contribute to the growth and development of our core values: We Before Me, Positive Energy and Knowledge Explorer.
Skills & Requirements:
- 5+ years managing teams in agile software development environments
- Excellent organizational, writing and communication skills
- Personable and approachable; able to connect with all levels of the organization
- Impeccable process skills with ability to handle multiple priorities
- Comfortable working as part of a globally distributed team.
- Prior experience in an agile scrum environment, preferably as a scrum master or product owner.
- Technical aptitude in Java, Spring, AWS (or similar cloud-computing environments) and related technologies.
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience.
Vestmark is a leading provider of wealth management solutions and services which enable financial advisors and institutions to efficiently manage and trade their clients' portfolios using an innovative SaaS ecosystem. With over $1+ trillion in assets and 3+ million accounts, we are a trusted partner to some of the largest and most respected players across the wealth management industry.
Our team of over 400 employees is made up of highly skilled software engineers, implementation specialists, business strategists, and visionaries who maintain an eye toward the future of financial technology.